Tubes "Sticker Flicker"...stop flats

Discussion in 'Bicycle Repair' started by sparky, Oct 27, 2010.

  1. sparky

    sparky Active Member

  2. DougC

    DougC Guest

    There are places that still do. The common name now is "tire savers", which (I think) was one of the later commercial names for the devices.

    Google has pics:

    Shops usually don't sell them, because most riders who want them make their own out of a couple old spokes and some appropriate-sized rubber tubing.


    The evidence that they help is rather debatable.
  3. loquin

    loquin Active Member

  4. Stan4d

    Stan4d New Member

  5. sdenne

    sdenne New Member

    Sticker FlickR's

    lol... I walked into a bike shop and asked for some Sticker FlickR's... What's that? Time and age befall all.

    I walked out with $24 Kevlar liner inserts. Man, that's heavy duty. I should withstand IED's with those.

    But, anyway... the Sticker FlickR's worked for us tykes back in the '50's. We rode over many bull heads.