Stiff drivetrain (engine internals)

Rain City

Local time
12:44 AM
Hi : 70cc HT - I can't figure out whats going on inside the engine thats causing the wheel + chain combo not to turn extremely smoothly. When i have the back wheel elevated to turn smoothely - it just doesnt spin evenly, like it feels like resistance coming from somewhere inside the engine (pretty positive its nothing bicycle related). This is my second build - my first one does not have this problem.

I'm trying to figure out, maybe if I need to grease something, what exactially is it and how much grease on that puppy.

thxx

as in, my clutch cable should be tighter?

It just feels like the drivetrain is way tighter than my other bike, but maybe this is a good thing - haha.

Hmm now i'm thinking it is the tensioner. This is one of those tensioners with only one bolt on the top and one on the bottom. I think it's creating more good than evil....

has anyone found switching to the abec have drastic improvements?

the tensioner is junk, if you use it be aware of it shifting. the chain is **** also. replace the chain with american #41 or #415. i after new chain, you can adjust the tension at axle. im in north bend, you? if you pull clutch handle all the way. does bike roll easy?

the tensioner is junk, if you use it be aware of it shifting. the chain is **** also. replace the chain with american #41 or #415. i after new chain, you can adjust the tension at axle. im in north bend, you? if you pull clutch handle all the way. does bike roll easy?

That's what I was thinking when I read this thread - something in the drive train not made with proper tolerance - chain. sprocket or ? Will it wear in with a little riding - maybe so - but something just ain't right. Replacing any junk parts with quality may be a good start. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Unfortunately I can't adjust the tension at the axle because i don't have horizontal dropouts.

If it's all brand new (drivetrain) don't worry about it - should loosen up with just a little riding. It's nice and recommened to have an adjustment point - but if you don't have one - all you can do is either take a chain link out or add a link. The problem or problems with running tight - excessive wear on many parts - over heating - long list.. Let us know if it get's better with just a little riding. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Sprocket still centered

I noticed that I had to bump the sprocket just a tad to recenter. Then wheel turned evenly...I running with the Nlyon tensioner and put a washer on the inside to space the roller from the mount for free spinning roller. I use loctite and have 4 succesfull rides and have re-torqued the heads before each ride. I'm wondering when the gasket is going to seat...and not need re-torq. I do not think they are vibratiing loose (1-1.5 foot pounds short on check up) every ride so far?
Just bouncing ideas around, thanks.

Back