Stiff front wheel.and motor wont kick in

rgflynn

Local time
12:54 PM
Hi All.

I need some help with the bike I bought a few months back.
with a 80cc engine. kit
from the day I received it and the front wheel is stiff and squeaks when pushing the bike
and peddling it makes for hard work when you need to get the motor started.
I cant figure out what the problem is even after a bottle of Jim Beam.
Also when I try to start the motor it on letting the clutch out it looks like its going
to start then cuts out.
I don't know much about it but on reading certain things the carb could be flooded
but not sure.
Any help appreciated and a empty bottle of Jim Beam.

In all seriousness, the bearing nuts are probably tight but squeaking also sounds like brakes might be tight or rubbing. The carb might just be having an air leak where it meets the manifold, either make sure it's pushed hard on there and tightened nicely and/or put rtv sealant in the carb slats and let them dry for an hour and give it another shot, also if there's old gas in the carb then it could be difficult to start even with the choke.

In all seriousness, the bearing nuts are probably tight but squeaking also sounds like brakes might be tight or rubbing. The carb might just be having an air leak where it meets the manifold, either make sure it's pushed hard on there and tightened nicely and/or put rtv sealant in the carb slats and let them dry for an hour and give it another shot, also if there's old gas in the carb then it could be difficult to start even with the choke.

Thanks for the info,I have been thinking for awhile it could be the brake blocks rubbing as they they seem tight against the wheel rim
but not to sure how to loosen them.as you may have gathered I'm not to clued up on bikes.
As for the motor it did used to start up ok after a few tries ,but a so called know it all checked it out for me
and changed the ratio of oil and gas .but kept pressing the fuel valve which in turn has petrol spewing all over
and its never started since then.

well the brakes are easy, theres a nut holding a cable at some point on the brakes, loosen nut, loosen brakes slightly, tighten nut. I personally find that a quarter pull to brake contact is my favorite on caliper brakes, others prefer that any squeeze at all brings on contact, but that's them. now the oil to gas has next to nothing to do with starting, and i dont know what you mean by a fuel valve unless you mean a float tickler, in which case if its stuck in tickle mode and keeping the gas flowing into the carb then yes, its exactly a flood problem, might require disasembly to get it nice and clean and ready, sdont change anything since it worked before, just use carb cleaner AND gloves to clean it up, then give it another shot. hope this helps! good luck have fun wear a damn helmet!

well the brakes are easy, theres a nut holding a cable at some point on the brakes, loosen nut, loosen brakes slightly, tighten nut. I personally find that a quarter pull to brake contact is my favorite on caliper brakes, others prefer that any squeeze at all brings on contact, but that's them. now the oil to gas has next to nothing to do with starting, and i dont know what you mean by a fuel valve unless you mean a float tickler, in which case if its stuck in tickle mode and keeping the gas flowing into the carb then yes, its exactly a flood problem, might require disasembly to get it nice and clean and ready, sdont change anything since it worked before, just use carb cleaner AND gloves to clean it up, then give it another shot. hope this helps! good luck have fun wear a damn helmet!

Thanks for all your help.I will started on the brakes and think your suggestion should sort. and yes your probably right with your description of the float tickler
its like a small brass button.
As for the carb I will get some cleaner in and hopefully get that done over the weekend.
And I always wear a helmet especially after a couple of Jim Beams.

Back