Stihl cylinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustrating is valve guides, timing chain, valve seats, rockers, push rods, springs, more weight, more size, less power. 2 strokes are the easy care free way. It really comes down to simple arithmetic.

I wonder if aluminum bronze would be any good for engine parts it’s a quite hard metal harder than both aluminum and copper might be stronger on the threads intp. Some people have said copper wasn’t good for a cylinder head but heat sinks for PCs are made of copper. aluminum bronze is like 88-89% copper and the rest aluminum besides shrinkage problems and heavier weight I think it would be a cool experiment. It also looks like gold and doesn’t oxidize! I believe some euro coins are made out of it.
yeah bronze alloys are actually pretty strong. they were making swords and stuff 100's years until steel was made. makes good bearings! but any dense metal is so dang heavy. I still wanna do a pure copper head, but it'd weigh like 7 or 8 lbs lol
yeah you could make anything out of bronze, but put it on a 4 stroke bcs it'd be a heavy ass bike!

Gee Willickers bat man! I ran an 066 with a 6 foot bar in New Orleans after hurricane Gustav and Ike. Was ported and dimpled and out ran our 088 with a 6 foot bar like mad and sounded cooler doing it! Long story short i couldn't imagine any pedal bicycle holding up to that kind of power. They are 91.6 cc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back