Still A Long Way To Go.

GOPR2591.jpg
Building a motorized bike is pretty simple. Unless, like me, you want a shift kit on a Mongoose Dolomite. I've had to customize the rear motor mount (shift kit housing,) fabricate some spacers and a customized front mount plate. Having solved those problems I ran face to face with the next problem which didn't surprise me. I'll have to take the shift kit housing off the motor and do some more customizing to it. When I solve this problem it won't be long until I'm faced with the next problem. In the end (God only knows how many months away that is) it will be worth it.

I think it's a great combo! Those fat tires are nice, you can just lean into the turns and having gears should be very enjoyable to ride.
I live in a rural area , it is not all black top roads , there are a lot of loose gravel and dirt driveways and roads , I have another gas powered bike with 26x1.95 tires , it doesn't do well at all on those roads , hoping the fat tires 26x4.0 will make it better --- I rode the big tire bike by pedal power and it handled it well , but wears you out pedaling --

I live in a rural area , it is not all black top roads , there are a lot of loose gravel and dirt driveways and roads , I have another gas powered bike with 26x1.95 tires , it doesn't do well at all on those roads , hoping the fat tires 26x4.0 will make it better --- I rode the big tire bike by pedal power and it handled it well , but wears you out pedaling --
I'm 56 years old. I see guys obviously older than me riding their bikes at least 10 miles an hour faster than I can pedal my Mongoose. I'm hoping that it's only because I have a 45 pound fat tire bike, but who knows. They may be in better shape than me. 😁

I will be 63 this year , just started slowing down a bit last year , I ride 4 wheelers in the mud and water almost every weekend , that is my main hobby , 29.5 tires w/ no power steering will keep you in shape ----my E-Zip gas conversion will do 32 mph , but I cruise about 20mph on it

I'm 56 years old. I see guys obviously older than me riding their bikes at least 10 miles an hour faster than I can pedal my Mongoose. I'm hoping that it's only because I have a 45 pound fat tire bike, but who knows. They may be in better shape than me. 😁

Fat tire bikes are heavy and a b**ch to pedal especially getting up to higher speeds.
But a Fat Tire E Bike steers easy and handles great. So when ya get that engine running it's gonna feel like a different bike

A motorized Fat tire bike will be effortless to get up to speed

Last edited:
Fat tire bikes are heavy and a b*tch to pedal especially getting up to higher speeds.
But a Fat Tire E Bike steers easy and handles great. So when ya get that engine running it's gonna feel like a different bike

A motorized Fat tire bike will be effortless to get up to speed
It makes a huge difference dumping knobbies for street tires. If that’s where you wanna ride. It was like taking the parking brake off running Vee Speedsters after pushing those fat mudder tires.
I did twice run it down middle of rails by dumping pressure to 10psi, pumping back to 30 when I got out. Once, to escape a pit bull from hell, again to shortcut across town.

I miss fatbike.

It makes a huge difference dumping knobbies for street tires. If that’s where you wanna ride. It was like taking the parking brake off running Vee Speedsters after pushing those fat mudder tires.
I did twice run it down middle of rails by dumping pressure to 10psi, pumping back to 30 when I got out. Once, to escape a pit bull from hell, again to shortcut across town.

I miss fatbike.
When it comes time to replace these tires I will definitely go with something more road friendly.

Back