Still looking for a round tank.

jimraysr

Local time
1:17 AM
NeoElegance found the right tank for what I need. I have spent a lot of time looking for one like it.

motorbike-side2-jpg.10030

http://www.motoredbikes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10030&d=1218492686

If anyone has any suggestion, please advise. I have done eBay searches every week or two for one until I am blue in the face. )

Jim

Try swapmeets.....i've found them to be an excellent source of parts that can be adapted for a persons particular needs.
Never know what ya gonna find.

HI,

A friend of mine has this tank for sale (pic attached) :

1 Gallon DOT Approved Fuel Tank

Dimensions: (6-inches x 12-inches)

Aluminum Tank comes with: Black Steel Brackets, Vented Cap, 1/4NPT Threaded Outlet Centered.

I don't know off hand what he wants for it but you can PM me if you are interested.

Hope this helps you.

Andrew

Attachments

• 1galttsm.jpg
    1galttsm.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 1,032
Small beer keg

I have seen some small kegs in stores. Great idea. They didn't make them when I was still drinking.

The Moon line are nice units, but a little out of my price range. )

Thanks, Jim

Round Tanks

Nice products and pretty reasonable for what they put into them. Thanks,

Still wanting to be cheap and not spend as much for the tank as I did for the new bike. 8O) = Jim

how far are you planning to be from a gas station?

I doubt i will be over 10 miles either in town or camping. I think around 2 - 3 quarts should do. Gas goes bad so fast here (maybe anywhere anymore) that if an engine sits for over a week, it is best to drain the tank. Stabil is a necessity for generators, pressure washer, motor home or any other now and then use items.

My Honda guy told me before he retired that gas in a one gallon can will go bad for most home owners before they use it in their lawn mower. Something on the order of 30 days +. For sure it does in my premix for the chainsaw and leaf blower.

I always turn off the fuel and run the carb. dry if not going to use it for a couple of days.

Jim

Last edited:
Back