still to rich after leaning needle all the way..

rysk29

Local time
7:06 PM
I tested this by turning petcock to almost all way off and it runs great.. With it fully on it surged at wot high rpm.. Can I adjust the float to make it leaner? If so how exactly do I accomplish this?

Attachments

• IMG_20170508_201245.jpg
    IMG_20170508_201245.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 129
You can set the float to run lower in the bowl by gently bending the tangs (arm with slit) that holds the fuel stop up a bit!But beware that doing so will create a leaner condition thruogh out the rpm range not just the top end where you need it!The next size smaller jet would be the best all around so that you get ample fuel in the bottom end where you need it!Then also you could lift the needle again to get the mid range right with the smaller jet and end up perfect!

Wat size is stock jet.. And wat size would u suggest
The stock is usualy a # 70 jet but not allways! So you can try a # 69 or 68 even and see how it goes or get a 60-81 numbered dill set and fill the jet with solder and drill it what ever size you want!

I ask because I am either 4 stroking or pre detonation.. Not sure which.. With gas fully on when I reach my peak rpm my engine sounds like its chattering almost like teeth do.. And it surges at that point.. If I have my gas closer to off I still get the chattering near the top but the surging stops and power kicks in and the chattering stops.. I run 93 octane and haven't done anything that would cause too much compression.. However its a sweet spot on petcock.. If I'm off just a bit it will either chatter and surge or if too close to off position it will bog out and act like I'm running out of gas.. It has to b in perfect spot.

I ask because I am either 4 stroking or pre detonation.. Not sure which.. With gas fully on when I reach my peak rpm my engine sounds like its chattering almost like teeth do.. And it surges at that point.. If I have my gas closer to off I still get the chattering near the top but the surging stops and power kicks in and the chattering stops.. I run 93 octane and haven't done anything that would cause too much compression.. However its a sweet spot on petcock.. If I'm off just a bit it will either chatter and surge or if too close to off position it will bog out and act like I'm running out of gas.. It has to b in perfect spot.
Yeah it's leaning out when you limit the fuel with the petcock.I would re jet it!

What's the elev. where you live? Don't adjust your air fuel with flow from tank or available fuel in bowl, as a steep hill could have you walking.

needle only affects part throttle. you need to change the jet for full throttle.

you may be able to make up the jetting difference by switching to ethanol-free gas.

I lIve in NC roughly 900ft above sea level.. I have ran ethanol free gas and it doesn't help..

Back