Stinger Length?

Haha I had a feeling it would end up close to 40". It sounds a huge amount and it is. ;)(y)

No worries. I have had this subject on my mind for a bit, for my similar requirements. I am sitting here with a poorly dominant hand, two stitches my thumb. I have been doing a (y) for the last five days! :((y)
I have to keep it clean and dry so I can't do anything. Talking about bike building is as close as I can get to some real fun atm. :cry:(y)
But it's okay I can still come here and talk mechanics and get ideas and go off on tangents and shop for supplies on fleabay. :giggle:(y)

What happened?

I think i can actually take one of the 45's off and go with a straight, longer pipe on the passenger side.

What would happen FOTI, if i go longer than the 40 inches? :unsure:

Actually gotthe advanced magnet from zms o_O unreal.

Waiting on the supercharged cdi from gasbike.

I once had an accident that just about cost me my thumb and forefinger.
Was changing a hand held grinder disc and some new guy just plugged the cord in :mad:

Damagaed tendon and bone but got to keep finger and thumb.

Keep it clean friend ;)

What happened?

I think i can actually take one of the 45's off and go with a straight, longer pipe on the passenger side.

What would happen FOTI, if i go longer than the 40 inches? :unsure:
Off topic bit:
I had a piece of something stuck in my thumb for like a decade, flint or glass or asbestos or something lol, who knows. It was really annoying. I finally got them to take it out in return for me consenting to another surgery on my face lol. Its been an inconvenient year, not allowed to bend down for over a week, now I'm not allowed to get my thumb wet, lol! :LOL:(y)

On topic bit:
The longer the tuned length of the pipe, the lower the tune. Like a trombone. We're you able to find the current peak?
But making a very long tuned length through the method of adding a longer and longer header will at some point be diminishing the returning wave, I believe.
The echo has to come from further away and travel along more narrow tubing, its bound to lose energy.
The thing then would be to design a pipe from scratch with a longer belly and diffuser cone I believe, so the same tuned length doesn't have as much narrow header.

I'll just keep everything the way it is, then work on getting the actual tubing, then weld together Everything is working great and the actual gaining mph going up hill is awesome lol as is the quick acceleration.

Well i'm glad you're ok and getting by FOTI!! ;)

Keep it clean but don't get it wet :p

So just talking to myself right now, so i don't forget.
Feel free to correct me when i am wrong, please (y)

If i were to go with 1"ID copper fittings and tubing to replicate what is already in place at 3/4"ID I would have to fab up a flange to match :unsure:

I think i might go for a larger flange part to incorporate a bigger/better silicone gasket. (weld 1" steel collar to new flange)

Ok, so once get supercharged cdi install and ride 500 miles with 3/4" set up while fabbing the 1" set up from flange to beginning of first cone.
I'm already freaked out :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
I once had an accident that just about cost me my thumb and forefinger.
Was changing a hand held grinder disc and some new guy just plugged the cord in :mad:
Ummmmm.... grinders have a thumb operated on off switch. You don’t need to unplug them to switch discs

Ummmmm.... grinders have a thumb operated on off switch. You don’t need to unplug them to switch discs

The switch had drywall mud all over it which stuck it open or closed, i didn't know that would happen, i was changing the disc as well as going to clean the "fore finger trigger type of switch" not the thumb switch, when the new person just started plugging in cords.
There was no "on off switch" it was a trigger lol

The switch had drywall mud all over it which stuck it open, i didn't know that would happen, i was changing the disc as well as going to clean the "fore finger trigger type of switch" not the thumb switch, when the new person just started plugging in cords.
There was no "on off switch" it was a trigger lol
Gotta choose/train your colleagues better...

So just talking to myself right now, so i don't forget.
Feel free to correct me when i am wrong, please (y)

If i were to go with 1"ID copper fittings and tubing to replicate what is already in place at 3/4"ID I would have to fab up a flange to match :unsure:

I think i might go for a larger flange part to incorporate a bigger/better silicone gasket. (weld 1" steel collar to new flange)

Ok, so once get supercharged cdi install and ride 500 miles with 3/4" set up while fabbing the 1" set up from flange to beginning of first cone.
I'm already freaked out :sick:
3/4" is like the stock kit hotdogs header I'm sure it wants to be 22mm... 7/8"ID? Wow you are going to love this pipe. o_O

Back