Stinger Length?

Stinger I.D. is the most important part of tuning the pipe not for where it hit's but for how much it will over rev after the hit,smaller I.D runs on past the peak better than a large one but the large one produces more torque below the hit so again you have to find the happy medium.12 x the stingers I.D. for length is correct as a starting point but the stingers I.D. should be around 40% of the port flange or head pipe dia,so where most of these have less than a 23mm port flange dia 40% of that is only 13.8mm so 14mm is really the starting point and as port dia and or head tube dia increase so does the stingers I.D. . The length of a 16mm stinger should be 7 and a 1/2 inches but 8 will work fine since as stated above the length has little effect on power output, but rather in DB output and by putting the stinger further toward the belly reduces DB levels quite dramatically and right in the belly almost in half with very little effect on power.
I think you meant stinger ID at 58% to 62% of head pipe ID with 12x dia. length for start point didn't you?:) 23x.60=13.8. Okay now I get it you meant 40% less than.

Last edited:
Not of just the intake but you can see it here - I literally just cut ~1" from the flange on a stock pipe then used a die grinder to shape it out/grind the big transition gap from header to flange. Not perfect, but way better than stock and literally just takes a few minutes.
View attachment 91443

Heck of a lot quicker to make than my 4stroke intake was lol! (crappy cut/crop).
View attachment 91444

Thank You.
I used the flange and tube from a stock exhaust but it wasn't a straight flange so to speak.
The Tube came off at an angle, giving the flange and tube an angle? lol That make any sense?

Everything seems to fit well and works fine :)

Ride Safe Everyone :)

HumanPerson

I think you meant stinger ID at 58% to 62% of head pipe ID with 12x dia. length for start point didn't you?:) 23x.60=13.8. Okay now I get it you meant 40% less than.
(y)

55-65% of header ID, 60% being in the middle which is just under 16mm for a ported jug and just under 14mm for a stocker which is why I use 16mm since it is commonly available. Same thing worded differently I guess lol.

Yes Jennings said .58-.62 of the head pipe dia and he states that will be close,the later pipe designers/software now go with 40% less than or around there for a bit more back pressure for the blocking wave and a bit more run on past the peak.I think his recommendation being a little on the large side is to allow you to work down in dia keeping an eye on the heat/piston crown as he states to do later in the paragraph.

I
Yes Jennings said .58-.62 of the head pipe dia and he states that will be close,the later pipe designers/software now go with 40% less than or around there for a bit more back pressure for the blocking wave and a bit more run on past the peak.I think his recommendation being a little on the large side is to allow you to work down in dia keeping an eye on the heat/piston crown as he states to do later in the paragraph.
I have a hard enough time just making sure the fridge don't run out of beer let alone keeping up with current 2 stroke mods. s**t just reading Jennings nearly put me in a asylum. Give me enough time to ramble on a subject and their is a good chance I'll eventually have to figure out how to get my tongue out from under my boot.

I got on this damn thread this morning and managed in no time to misunderstand replies form both Ryderz and FNT. Think I'll get the hell away from this key board and build something.

Well the crmachine exhaust flange thing cracked, so i took the SBP expansion chmbr flange and used that.
Guess what, lol, it works better than the crmachine flange thing.
That being said, the crmachine header flange lasted a while.

I think the cold and heat screwed the pooch.

I modified the SBP flange to be at sort of an angle then when it enters the 1 1/8" street sweep fitting it fit perfectly.

Took it for a ride and NO leaks! :)

It is only due to you, those which have helped me and guided me through this that i was able to get to where i am at.

Thank you for the Friendship and the Teachings.

Ride Safe Friends! :)

HP

Back