Stinger Length?

Waste of expensive wide frame you'll probably have to rig some spacers or something and a longer axle. If i was going to build a fat tire frame I'd run fat tires. I'd go electric though unless you just need to hear that ring of the 2 stroke for comfort music.

Yeah i thought of the crazy spacers. A fat tire with the 3000w SBP electric conversion kit sounds cool.

I'm stuck on this bike and i really want to keep it, but still open to a new bike to switch over to i guess LOL

I talked to the welder next door and he says he can move that lower arm over a bit then weld a couple flat steel strips on top and bottom
who knows lol 40 dollars and if the klunker lasts another year i'll be happy :D

That would certainly give you time to find another bike.

I talked to the welder next door and he says he can move that lower arm over a bit then weld a couple flat steel strips on top and bottom
who knows lol 40 dollars and if the klunker lasts another year i'll be happy :D

Looks like we'll save the Junker Klunker!
Spoke with the neighbor welder again and he said without having to cut the lower arm off we can just cut some
thick steel pipe like water pipe ? lol
Then cut a groove out slip it over the lower arm, leaving the chewed area exposed, lol
and weld a full bead line along the pipe and lower arm.

He says even if the chain chews through, it will not compromise the structural integrity of the lower frame arm. o_O

Wish me Luck! :p

Looks like we'll save the Junker Klunker!
Spoke with the neighbor welder again and he said without having to cut the lower arm off we can just cut some
thick steel pipe like water pipe ? lol
Then cut a groove out slip it over the lower arm, leaving the chewed area exposed, lol
and weld a full bead line along the pipe and lower arm.

He says even if the chain chews through, it will not compromise the structural integrity of the lower frame arm. o_O

Wish me Luck! :p
It will work fine assuming he can weld thicker steel to the thin bicycle frame steel - it isn't too difficult to do correctly for someone experienced but can be a pain for an amateur since an amperage that will penetrate the thick steel will be too hot and burn through the thin frame steel, and a setting cool enough to not burn through the bicycle frame will not penetrate a thicker steel very well.

It was a pretty annoying issue with my frame back halfing on my big bore, which is why I added gussets wherever I had to join the thicker tubing with the thinner one without and wasn't able to use a center insert for a rosette weld.

Back