Stinger Length?

Second modified SBP expansion chamber

HAHA the noise from the exhaust like this with the 1" briggs muffler is rediculously loud! :D
but at low speed cruising, like 15mph is is pretty gutteral, sort of growls along.

Thank you, @Pablo from SBP for all ya do! (y)

I put the second modified SBP X chamber with the longer outlet pipe on today.

I took it for a very short ride,
a couple blocks and really didn't notice any difference except for taking off seemed to be a bit more speedy.

Other than the modded SBP x chamber, everything else with the BGF sleeved cyl,
with the stock rings, seems to be working pretty well so far.

How are those chrome faced rings doing so far?
Still waiting for another set of rings to come in. May order a second set of Yamaha rings and run 2 top rings. The bike will be apart for at least another month lol

Still waiting for another set of rings to come in. May order a second set of Yamaha rings and run 2 top rings. The bike will be apart for at least another month lol

Right on!
I'll keep using the stock rings and wait for your report on the chromed rings.

I was wondering if we can stack the rings like that, so you're gonna try it?

Keep yor a$$ on the seat my brother!

By the way.
I had my exhaust flange off today and looked into the jug with the piston up and checked the rings and ring groove.
I seen no signs of any material clogging the ring grooves.

Everything looks really clean :)

Now listen.
Have any one of you ever used those silicone dish washer things?

I have and you can actually use them as a hot pad to get stuff out of the oven and it does not melt and does not burn you.
I wonder if we can use one of those flat silicone mats as an exhaust gasket :unsure:

You can make one with a high temp silicon muffin tray. Also, wait till you try the thing SBP is now famous for, the shift kit. That thing is epic fun, you can pop wheelies in first and obtain a higher mph in last if geared appropriately (don't expect 3 hp to go 70 mph). Look up the calculators that show watt requirements for specific speeds, and pedal cadence (rpms) at certain ratios needed to get there. Can easily be translated over to our application, 752 watts=1hp.
You also don't need to go as fast as its geared to go, just get up to cruising speed and put it in last gear for low rpms. You get better mpg and less wear and tear on the engine.

Last edited:
I am fairly certain my shift kit will get me in trouble one day, need to gear it to 35 mph so I'm not tempted to blast down the blvd at 50 mph and get a speeding ticket... not my fault the main street isn't flat and offers almost 5 miles of slight downhill... Its a setup.

Back