Stinger Length?

I thought about stacking rings but it seems that it would add to the wear because it is double the edges and worry about carbon build up between the two rings. No engine builder so I may be way off. Hell, we may be able to use the chrome top ring from the pw80 and a kit ring on the bottom. I have a set coming from Namura today. May order another set from Yamaha lol. Lord of the motorized bike rings hahaha!

I posted in the othe thread some contact info for a UK distributor. Maybe they have them.

Ok, the skirt seems to be like 2mm taller than 5 other cylinders i have measured.
Are we to trim the 2mm off?

Everything seems to be working correctly so far, what am i missing?

Alright @Spare_Parts i ordered some of those rings and i think i will trim the skirt down to 10mm on one of
the BGF sleeved cylinders? when i hear from you as to if it needs to be done. :unsure:

So far i have nothing bad to say about the BGF sleeved cyl. with the stock rings.

I wonder if we can use one of those flat silicone mats as an exhaust gasket :unsure:

You can make one with a high temp silicon muffin tray.
View media item 61370It's what I use now. Brownie Baking Tray. Quite thin material, not the stretchiest silicone. :D
I only wish it was black.
I should have tried it on the spare cylinder to check the "squidge". Even this thin high temperature baking tray does squidge out from under the mating surfaces so I just did my best to make the hole end up close to the ideal size. The stock exhaust doesn't quite match the cylinder anyway, so I just had to get it between one and the other. The outside shape is deliberately cut a bit big to make it keep its shape better while it's put on. Fun with scissors! :giggle:(y)
It's more fun than trying to modify the stock gasket from the kit to do the same thing and without it being reusable.
(But I carry a spare silicone gasket in the tool bag just in case. :whistle: )

Ok, the skirt seems to be like 2mm taller than 5 other cylinders i have measured.
Are we to trim the 2mm off?

Everything seems to be working correctly so far, what am i missing?

Alright @Spare_Parts i ordered some of those rings and i think i will trim the skirt down to 10mm on one of
the BGF sleeved cylinders? when i hear from you as to if it needs to be done. :unsure:

So far i have nothing bad to say about the BGF sleeved cyl. with the stock rings.
I wouldn't bother trimming it unless it is causing interference issues. The extra length would actually take up some case volume which is a good thing.

I wouldn't bother trimming it unless it is causing interference issues. The extra length would actually take up some case volume which is a good thing.

Right on.

Alrighty, i'll wait for the rings to get here then it's change the rings and upjet again then more test riding.

Thank you for your help, you're a good guy! (y)

View media item 61370It's what I use now. Brownie Baking Tray. Quite thin material, not the stretchiest silicone. :D
I only wish it was black.
I should have tried it on the spare cylinder to check the "squidge". Even this thin high temperature baking tray does squidge out from under the mating surfaces so I just did my best to make the hole end up close to the ideal size. The stock exhaust doesn't quite match the cylinder anyway, so I just had to get it between one and the other. The outside shape is deliberately cut a bit big to make it keep its shape better while it's put on. Fun with scissors! :giggle:(y)
It's more fun than trying to modify the stock gasket from the kit to do the same thing and without it being reusable.
(But I carry a spare silicone gasket in the tool bag just in case. :whistle: )

I have one of those silicone dish scrubbers and it said it can be used as a hot pad or oven mit.
So i put it into the oven at 550 degrees and let it bake for 2 hours.
It didn't melt so that made me wonder.

You're an awesome person @FurryOnTheInside , thank ya (y)

Ok, got some of the chromed rings fromebay on the way and ordered another set from denniskirk.com.
Also have the silicone brownie cooking pan on the way for the gaskets too.

The wait is really getting to me :sick:

What rings did you order from Dennis Kirk? If they are Wiseco 1850cd they are 1mm thick. The Wiseco are only for Wiseco pistons.

Back