Stinger Length?

More mufflers should decrease flow and hurt top end. Unless it is too loud i wouldn't add any more mufflers.

I thought the same, yet i keep thinking that since it is going from 7/8"id of the outlet pipe,
up to the 1" briggs muffler, then i should be able to go with the 3/4" muffler on the end of that with hopefully not much
loss.

I'm already doing better than i was with the stock zeda engine, and am running the 3/4 inch on the modified SBP expansion chamber
with crazy better results than i had before.

Welcome to the forums, by the way :)

Since this mod to the SBP pipe, i am really happy with the quick throttle response and the mph gain on flats and more oomph climbing hills.

I'm just curious as to what ya'll have to say about this though. I guess there is a reason SBP didn't make the outlet pipe a bit bigger and longer?
Oh it's loud now, almost like a small dirt bike :D

Ok, before pic with #1 SBP modified piep with the 3/4" briggs muffler.

IMG_20190211_200923.jpg

Once i ride this a while, i'll change the pipes to the one with the longer outlet tube and 1" briggs muffler.

Keep yor fingers crossed! :eek:

By the way, anyone want to go panning for gold?

Went last year, a couple times a week and found almost 5 grams :D

Not much but loads of fun and the semi precious gems we found was a bonus!

I believe it's just an old design. Engine kits were not flowing do much exhaust gasses, they weren't so high revving, most people hadn't even tried to address the balance and ignition timing problems back when SBP made the leap to allow us to have an expansion pipe in the form of a "universal" kit to adapt to whatever bike with a few ways we could mount it to our preference.
Since then there's been changes in the engines commonly available in NA.. ignition base timing, aftermarket CDIs, better balanced cranks, wider intakes, etc. The original SBP design probably wasn't perfect in the first place. They're from the motored bicycle hobbyist community just like us. They're on a learning curve too.
I think if they wanted to try could revise the design; but they sell their shift kit and electric shift kit now so they're probably busy.

By the way, anyone want to go panning for gold?

Went last year, a couple times a week and found almost 5 grams :D

Not much but loads of fun and the semi precious gems we found was a bonus!
A couple buddies and I are going to try panning at some glacial deposits near where we live here in Minnesota. My mom lives in Nome Alaska and the beach glistens like a Kesha concert. There is so much gold there.

A couple buddies and I are going to try panning at some glacial deposits near where we live here in Minnesota. My mom lives in Nome Alaska and the beach glistens like a Kesha concert. There is so much gold there.

It's great to find gold.
I've found the best part is finding a picker or a small nugget :)

Once ya find color in the pan or see a picker in the sluice box you're gonna get really excited (y)

Good Luck to ya Frogslayer! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it's just an old design. Engine kits were not flowing do much exhaust gasses, they weren't so high revving, most people hadn't even tried to address the balance and ignition timing problems back when SBP made the leap to allow us to have an expansion pipe in the form of a "universal" kit to adapt to whatever bike with a few ways we could mount it to our preference.
Since then there's been changes in the engines commonly available in NA.. ignition base timing, aftermarket CDIs, better balanced cranks, wider intakes, etc. The original SBP design probably wasn't perfect in the first place. They're from the motored bicycle hobbyist community just like us. They're on a learning curve too.
I think if they wanted to try could revise the design; but they sell their shift kit and electric shift kit now so they're probably busy.

Sounds about right!

Ride Safe FOTI :)

So i've been riding the BGF sleeved cyl. with the stock rings and i have to say, i think everything is ok, so far.

I put the second modified SBP X chamber with the longer outlet pipe on today.

I took it for a very short ride,
a couple blocks and really didn't notice any difference except for taking off seemed to be a bit more speedy.

Other than the modded SBP x chamber, everything else with the BGF sleeved cyl,
with the stock rings, seems to be working pretty well so far.

How are those chrome faced rings doing so far?

Back