Stinger Length?

Yeah, they should huh?
Good idea to plug a tool in and get everything in a stock configuration before changing things, especially if somebody else used it before. I have had a lot of accidents but I can’t think of very many that weren’t my fault in one way or another. I machined for 6 years lot of setups and prototyping/short run and still have all my digits. Accidents happen and you have to plan for the worst, always.

Good idea to plug a tool in and get everything in a stock configuration before changing things, especially if somebody else used it before. I have had a lot of accidents but I can’t think of very many that weren’t my fault in one way or another. I machined for 6 years lot of setups and prototyping/short run and still have all my digits. Accidents happen and you have to plan for the worst, always.
Yep. The new guy got fired for that one, he was not in his designated area and should not have touched anything.
Certainly no fault of my own.
But yeah,
Accidents happen and you have to plan for the worst, always.

So after some good rides yesterday and today, i thought it started to 4 stroke.
Changed the jet up to #69 again and all was well until it did it again.

I then upjeted to a #70 jet then noticed my fuel filter DOH! it was filthy. (haven't been able to ride it since the #70 jet, it got dark lol)
Still need to change the filter.

Would this cause that 4 stroke seeming situation?

Not sure what it was doing actually.
From a few peddles up to 25 is really quick, then from about 26 it make an awfull sound lol goes from bees to something nuts.

Mind you i have this mocked up with copper fittings, lol had alot of leaks there so i stuffed the crevices with some leather then
applied some JB weld :rolleyes:

I'll get some pics soon.
I have a few days no ride time so the jb weld should cure in that time i guess.

This is all 3/4"ID fittings and tube. I was running the #69 the went a #68, didn't go with the #70 for some reason.

Next ride will be with the #65 jet and all jb weld at connections, so wish me luck and keep yor fingers crossed please :sick:

Not sure what it was doing actually.
From a few peddles up to 25 is really quick, then from about 26 it make an awfull sound lol goes from bees to something nuts.

Mind you i have this mocked up with copper fittings, lol had alot of leaks there so i stuffed the crevices with some leather then
applied some JB weld :rolleyes:

I'll get some pics soon.
I have a few days no ride time so the jb weld should cure in that time i guess.

This is all 3/4"ID fittings and tube. I was running the #69 the went a #68, didn't go with the #70 for some reason.

Next ride will be with the #65 jet and all jb weld at connections, so wish me luck and keep yor fingers crossed please :sick:
The longer it gets the earlier the power band hit will occure and end, 40" is probably pushing it a bit and yes it will also effect the jetting.You're 68-70 jet is probably in the right range at a good tuned length,the 65 is pretty small even for stock with no pipe.Also 3/4" is 19mm ID and also a bit restricted so acceleration would improve again with 1" ID helps keep heat down too!

The longer it gets the earlier the power band hit will occure and end, 40" is probably pushing it a bit and yes it will also effect the jetting.You're 68-70 jet is probably in the right range at a good tuned length,the 65 is pretty small even for stock with no pipe.Also 3/4" is 19mm ID and also a bit restricted so acceleration would improve again with 1" ID helps keep heat down too!

Thank ya mate!

Thank you all for being patient and taking the time to explain things so i understand (y)

:bowdown:

Back