Stinger Length?

Thank you all for being patient and taking the time to explain things so i understand (y)

:bowdown:
Well there wouldn't be much point in explaining things so you don't understand. :whistle::coffee:

Sorry too much eggnog. ;)
You're welcome. I mean it's fun to make info-freaking-tastic threads. And they are on the forum forever for anyone to read for free, so we see more decent builds out in the world and less Crappy two stroke on a bike..if only more people would read instead of just watching YouTube. :geek:

Last edited:
Thank you FOTI :)
So i set the straight tubes lengths back to where i was first getting to 34'ish,
I'll keep everything there since the hill climbing power and the throttle response is WAY BETTER than the stock SBP pipe setup.

Now i just ride, while i source the bigger tubing (1")

Thank you all for being patient, kind and helpful :love:

Got some 1" tube and some 1" street sweep 45's and 90's,
underground copper pipe and fittings on the way, that should work huh? :unsure:

Waiting on the supercharged cdi, can't wait to get this all set up and riding!

@Spare_Parts
The latest set of namura rings i got from the ebay, they were not both coated face.
Ended up being like the dennis kirk ones,.

Also got another bgf sleeved cyl for the 3'rd and last zms bottem end i had.

So what is this going to do, changing up to 1" easy bends on the expansion chamber?
Quicker throttle response? (i'm already impressed lol )

Should i cut out the inlet tube on the SBP expansion chamber and go with 1" into it, i'm thinking yes 🧐

bsi-1293007.jpg

Make it as wide as the rest of the header. It can't have any narrow point near to the diffuser cone. It should be as smooth as possible on the inside.
Perhaps, since the SBP chamber is short and your untapped header is really rather long, you can even add a bit more length to the diffuser cone. Less tapered so there's a bit less untapered header and a really good shape to funnel the reflected pressure wave back to the ex window. As demonstrated by Nanna Furry above. 👩‍🦳

@Spare_Parts has a really nice header, a thing of beauty, well worth studying! Check out his album. 📸🏍
(Notice that the header tube is pinched into a more rectangular shape at the flange and clears the nuts. You can probably get away with leaving 7/8" ID round; but not 1".)

Last edited:
Well the supercharged cdi seems to be stuck at a usps sorting center but they have no clue where it went.
Said it is there because it says it's there lol WTF?!? :D

😢

Everything else says it's on the way so let's pray and keep our fingers crossed :p

Oddly enough, the supercharged cdi got here today.

Installed and rode for about 10 miles and froze my behind off! 🎅

Everything seems very smooth like, great get up and go, i'm crazy impressed with these upgrades.

I really should stop with the mods now, everything is running phenomenally better than stock! 🕺

So i am actually waiting on 1 1/8" tube stock and will cut the stock SBP inlet pipe out and weld in the bigger tube.

So, taking it from the exterior cylinder port face all the way to the SBP (modded pipe) pipe,
with 1 1/8" tube, this should be good eh?
Compared to the 3/4" ID copper tube now!?

:unsure:

I'm already impressed with the performance upgrade.

All i wanted was a bike to ride to work, now i have a bike that can actually get up and go if need be.

Thank you all for being patient and explaining things.

You're Awesome People!!
:love:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back