Stinger Length?

So today i used this https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pte-h7000
to make the header part going from the exhaust flange to the first divergent cone on the expansion chamber.

Alot better flow i guess. Seems to idle smoother and respond to the throttle a bit better.

The hill pulling power has increased quite a bit. (y)

Ya'll are amazing Humans :bowdown:
This is what I've been using. They're stainless, super smooth and come in whatever size you need and in 45° and 90° elbows.
15826512516072087492813851513292.jpg

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Would have been perfect for the flange.
had to make my own step down from pipes the welder had and some JB weld :p LOL

It all worked out though, in my redneck backyard workshop :D

All i really notice is the get up and go and the power, pulling up hills, gets better each time, which is what i am after.
Seems as though i am getting to the point that it wants to be as far as the power.

Speed is still around 35'ish with the i think the 44th or the 40th rear sprocket lol i forgot which one is on there o_O
I guess it would go up in speed with the 36th sprocket, just don't need speed :)

With peddling twice/three times to get going, it takes off and gets up to 30 really quick now :love:

Thank you for that link Chris, i'll look at the US ebay and see about those, seems smoother than my fabbed step down :p

So, looks like for right around the $100 mark I could make a pretty nice expansion chamber.

This is what I've been using. They're stainless, super smooth and come in whatever size you need and in 45° and 90° elbows.
View attachment 93034

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
So, looks like for right around the $100 mark I could make a pretty nice expansion chamber.
I think i spent around 70 dollars on the whole dxpansion chamber and all fittings, might have been closer to 90$ though :unsure:

Just doin the old backyard redneck ingenuity and all of the help from the others here ;)

I like to tinker and don't have a need for speed, just a need for POWER to pull the hills and take off.

No problem kind sir. I'm pretty sure they are available on Amazon as well just search sanitary weld reducer or weld elbow. Lol they are kinda like the old do it yourself header kits.

Back