Stingray chopper mounting help!!!

J

jwibbity

what extra parts will i have to buy to mount a engine on a stingray cause i know you need extra parts but i dont know what and where to get them

you will need 2 things to get the bike up and running, first is a motor mount from barry ebay #270115475365 don't buy any other as it will break and crack, trust me l know.
325_ab_1_1.jpg

the other part you will need is a hub adapter, livefast sells them on ebay but l didn't see them on there, but im sure that you can call him and he will sell you one (801) 830-8465
325_60_1_1.jpg

these hub adapters will save you alot of time, with the spacing of the rear wheel and chain. im telling you this because l bought all this stuff and l know what will work and what dosen't. just trying to save you money!!!!! and headaches. :censored:

here is the ebay # 280110752254 for the hub adapter . also, put this in the ebay search on top of this page, it helps pay for the site, thx

Well Im a fellow Chopper motorizer... but i already splurged and bought the engine mount and now Im broke for the sprocket adapter :cry: So i was thinking about doing this with PVC pipe for the little part that pushes it out a little and then duper thick aluminum or possibly steel for the actual peice the sprocket screws into (but with bolts)

Would this work? COuld someone gimme in depth dimmensions or close up and different angled shots?

AMAZING HELP GUYS!!!!!!!

haha I fixed it (double post)
I dont think pvc is gonna work dude...not strong enough
I needed five rubber spacers to clear my 3" tire :eek: ... you've got a 4.5 to clear :?

your gonna need that adapter, the spokes on that rim are at such an angle that those rubber spacers will not work, and even if you do get it on there some how(8 rubber spacers later) is gonna rip that rim to rat crap. l wouldn't trust it.
the safest way to do it would be to get the adapter, l know you probably don't like this info but, better to be safe than sorry.

now that i know how to mount it, is there any way you can fit a smaller sprocket on the chopper because i dont really care about tourque, i want top speed

I took a regular steel bicycle 44th sprocket and drilled the center hole out just enough so it would slip over the bearing housing and the drilled hole right on the hub flange. This way you don't have to worry about hashing on your spokes.

Dan

l have a 36t sproket on my bike, also have a 32t sproket that l can put on or my 48t sproket, but with out the hub adapter l don't see how your gonna mount it. do what you want, good luck to ya

Heres a hub adaptor for you guys

EDIT: looks like spam to me...NO billboarding!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back