Stingray Hub adapter?

P

Patch

Is the LIvefast Stingray hub adapter necessary? I have a feeling Ill be out of money and I want to save some cash for working out unexpected kinks. What exactly is the problem the adapter overcomes? If its for chain clearence around the hub Couldn't I do that with stiff rubebr disk and I jsut bolt um on there?

Sorry for all the questions! I swear it'll pay off :D Any Ideas and/or help would be much aprecciated!
Remember: My objective is to save money

Engine-$150 (DAX)
Mount- $50
BIke-$79.99 (Occ stingray)
Well thats already over my budget Is there any way to make my own mount with strong sheet metal?

all i know for sure is the mount is for offsetting the engine for chain-clearance. from what i've seen, it could be fabricated, but i'll have to defer to a stingray owner for details and advice on that.

it is a good idea

the rear tire is 4.5 inches wide, and to clear it you need a mount to offset the engine to the left as well . azvinnie and me have used three of these mounts as well as two of the sprocket adapters. live fast is the only one with adapters but we have found that this mount works better (ebay # 270095669588). hope that helps .

ps the reason for one extra mount than adapter is I adapted it for my deviate project :D :D

I have this same issue right now. I have an offset adapter that could to the same job, and my 49cc engine has one big bolt pointing down and forward and 2 pointing down and back to connect to the other plate. It seems like I could just drill into the bike to get these to fit and lock them down with nuts, and if the bolts are too short, it seems as if I could change them out. I don't have access to a welder, and my budget is about $5 right now (trying to rebuild an old bike onto a new one for job transportation). Could this be accomplished without a mount or fabrication? There's gotta be a way around it, at least with the engine I have.

Drilling holes through your bicycle frame to mount the engine runs a high risk of the bicycle frame stress cracking due to vibration from the engine. I do not recommend doing it.

Well, is there a U adapter or something I could get from a hardware store instead? I've seen a few pics with the engine installed like that.

Yes, they are called muffler clamps. The smallest size I have been able to find in the local auto parts stores in my neighborhood are 1 1/2"
They are not offset, though they can clamp down hard enough to crimp the bicycle frame if you get heavy handed tightening the fasteners; quite capable of supporting a home made offset adapter.

Hardware stores sell similar clamps but they are not nearly as stout. You may be able to fabricate your own bracket and just use the U bolt that comes with the hardware store variety if they sell the size that you need.

I was working on it today with a friend, and he said the exact same thing. We ran into a problem though - the chain was too short, and my friend hammered and eventually sawed off a good section of the bar where the seat goes to fit it. >.< I really hope this isn't going to kill me if I try it, but I have to clamp it down on the bottom bar first still.

Back