stingray project...

customcruiser

Local time
5:05 AM
ok i have a decision to make i have my 50cc loncin 4 speed semi auto sitting on my work bench and i can get a schwinn stingray off a mate for 150 and is in good condition...if i fit a 415 front sprocket and used a bolt on sprocket to the spokes would a 50cc rip the spokes out?...this is a copy of a honda postie but smaller

Stingray project

ok i have a decision to make i have my 50cc loncin 4 speed semi auto sitting on my work bench and i can get a schwinn stingray off a mate for 150 and is in good condition...if i fit a 415 front sprocket and used a bolt on sprocket to the spokes would a 50cc rip the spokes out?...this is a copy of a honda postie but smaller
I'm not sure what you call a bolt on sprocket, you mean with rubber pad on both sides of the spokes or a sprocket that attaches directly to the hub? I think it would also depend of what tooth sprockets you use and the rpm of the engine. Start off easy and you probably won't tear out spokes.
Woody

its pretty gutsy when i had it in a pitbike whcih i sold as a rolling frame it hauled me and a mate up a massive dirt hill in the paddock with no problems thats a combined weight of about 140 and it was in first gear.....would the frame hold up?....the engine mounts are basicly just thru-bolts so will weld some plate steel to the frame....ill see about the sprocket,yes i did mean the rag joint system....i want to be able to take off quick so might end up putting a 12 inch pitbike wheel in the back with hydro disc brake

I don't know about the stresses involved with a pit bike engine but I would think one would have good luck with bigger spokes like 12 guage I think my ray is only 14 and welding to the hub the new sprocket might work the only draw back I see would be that service on the spokes and hub might suck on mine I don't like the rubber grip sandwich method and am considering drilling some new holes in the hub and throwin in a couple of tacks to hold it. Centered

Back