Stingray Squadron Chopper

Hi all!
I just finished my Stingray Squadron chopper today and I think it turned out great! It was a real pleasure to build and now I'm looking forward to many miles of fun with it!

Mike

Attachments

• 2007_0908cookBooksChopperToma0007.jpg
    2007_0908cookBooksChopperToma0007.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 8,103
  • 2007_0908cookBooksChopperToma0006.jpg
    2007_0908cookBooksChopperToma0006.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 4,082
I saw that same bike at a pawn shop today except it was grey and a different theme. 100 bucks. I like that engine mount. How did your gas tank mount up?

Cool!

I can see a lot of work! What did you do or use to get the paint to stick to the chrome?
Lynn

Thanks for the compliments, guys!

Large Filipino- To mount the tank, I just took the clamp pieces, turned them upside down, and attached them to the frame with 1/4-20 stove bolts through a hole I drilled in the center of each one. Then I just bolted the tank to the clamps like it would be normally.

Lynn- I wish I could take credit for the paint! I was told this bike had limited production of around 1500 units or so.

azkronic- You are right about the pipe being loud! I changed that, though. I made a baffle for it by cutting a peice of 1/2" conduit about 8" long. Drilled a bunch of holes in it. Welded a 1/2" flat washer on each end and ground the washers down to a size that would slide in the end of the pipe. I then wrapped the conduit with fiberglass pipe insulation between the washers and secured it with some wire. Shoved the whole thing in the end of Barry's pipe and ran a small sheetmetal screw through the backside of the pipe so it wouldn't come out. Brought the noise down to a tolerable level and provided a little needed back pressure.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back