Stingray wreck: Will it effect my engine?

Local time
11:24 AM
Hello all,

Last summer I was riding home from our pool when I lost control of my occ stingray bike and hit about a 2ft wall of bricks stacked in a square around a pipe in someones yard. Needless to say, I didn't care about my screwed up knee or my blood covered hands, I was worried about my bike that I had worked so hard to buy. I looked at it and found that my entire rear wheel had come off my bike and I had plenty of scrapes and dents here and there. My friend that lived a few minutes away had actually bought the same exact bike a few days before I did, and wasn't using his for anything because he got a new bike. I asked him if I could take the back wheel from his bike and put it on mine and he said that would be fine. So I put his back wheel on my stingray. Now, I ordered a 70cc thatdax 2-stroke engine about a week ago that is yet to get to me. My concern is that since I had to replace my back wheel, it might effect when i'm going down the road on my motorized bike. I'm 90% sure that the bolts are very nice and tight like they were when I bought the bike but I wanted to run my concern by you guys before I hit the road. Thanks in advance for the help!

-Stingrayboy

My concern please don't take any offense is your riding ability. How did you manage to crash like that? I would look into that before powering up your bike,yo.

My concern please don't take any offense is your riding ability. How did you manage to crash like that? I would look into that before powering up your bike,yo.

I was looking up ahead of me to see if there was a car coming in the opposite direction I was riding and then I realized I was in someones yard and didn't have time to react. I just didn't take notice that the road curved that much around before I looked up. Like I said, it was last summer and it was a very good learning experience for me and I have definetly learned to always be aware of where i'm headed. Thank you for your comment anyway. (atleast I was smart enough to wear a helmet...).

If the frame isn't damaged and the wheel fits as the original, what could be the problem?

Yea I was looking at your age and had to bring that little bit up. A year later I'm sure you improved. Yea like Hough said,if the bike feels good,then it's ready!

I was wondering (and should have put in my first post) if it somehow weakens the bike (or the bolts) when you replace the rear tire.

Every single person here with an engine on their bike...most who don't have heir yet, have had the wheels off their bikes- you have to take the rear wheel off to mount the sprocket. I would venture that every one of use has had the wheels off numerous times. That would not be a concern of mine at all.

However, an adventure where the result has the potential to go 30 mph is not where I would want to cut my mechanical teeth. Please get someone with mechanical experience to work with you- you can do the work, but have someone with years of experience look it over and check everything out. I mean no disrespect, but I'm talking about an adult, preferably someone who is not classified as a "young" adult who knows their way around machines.

Every single person here with an engine on their bike...most who don't have heir yet, have had the wheels off their bikes- you have to take the rear wheel off to mount the sprocket. I would venture that every one of use has had the wheels off numerous times. That would not be a concern of mine at all.

However, an adventure where the result has the potential to go 30 mph is not where I would want to cut my mechanical teeth. Please get someone with mechanical experience to work with you- you can do the work, but have someone with years of experience look it over and check everything out. I mean no disrespect, but I'm talking about an adult, preferably someone who is not classified as a "young" adult who knows their way around machines.

Yes,

My dad aswell as my dad's friend who works in an auto parts garage is going to help me out with my build.

Great. One more question, like I said my dad and his buddy are going to help me with the project, but my dad doesn't have much engine experience. Do you think it would be to complicated for just him and I do put it on? We do have all of the needed equipment. My dad's friend IS going to help us, but he may only be able to do it once a month or so, so I thought my dad and I could do some work if it's not to hard. Thanks for all of the help.

Edited: Typo

Back