STINKING HIGH TIRE PRICES!

JerryAssburger

Local time
6:37 AM
This is more of a rant than any real info, but WHAT THE F--- IS IT WITH THE PRICE OF BIKE TIRES LATELY!?!?! No wonder why Wally can't keep a Cranbrook in stock. You could yank the tires off of it and almost sell them for more than what you bought the bike for! I'm beginning to think my years of hoarding old bike parts behind the shed is seeming more like "genius" instead of being forgetful and lazy!

Yes, the price of Bicycle Tires has doubled from 15 years ago. I've watched the price$ rise over the years.
They would go up in price a couple of dollar$ every 3 or 4 years. I figured it was because the price of oil.
In 2019 the price went from $17 to $19 Then Covid hit 2020 and the price went up from $19 to $25 over night

15 years ago I could buy a tire for $12
Today it costs $25 or $30 depending on where ya shop

For 16 years I've been using Cheng Chin Classic Knobbie White Wall 26" x 2.125"

Last edited:
Yes, the price of Bicycle Tires has doubled from 15 years ago. I've watched the price$ rise over the years.
They would go up in price a couple of dollar$ every 3 or 4 years. I figured it was because the price of oil.
In 2019 the price went from $17 to $19 Then Covid hit 2020 and the price went up from $19 to $25 over night

15 years ago I could buy a tire for $12
Today it costs $25 or $30 depending on where ya shop

For 16 years I've been using Cheng Chin Classic Knobbie White Wall 26" x 2.125"
Yes- even in the short time since I started "Officially" playing with these motored bikes, (2017), the prices have jumped... This period of time we're living in lately will end up going down in History as, "The Incredibly Stupid Times".....

Bike parts in general have gotten crazy stupid. I run Maxxis Hookworms. A pair of those cost as much or more than a car tire. I just ordered a set of 203mm ebike rotors for my new build and they cost more than pads,rotors and 2 ball joints for my car. The covid has made everything go up in price.

Bike parts in general have gotten crazy stupid. I run Maxxis Hookworms. A pair of those cost as much or more than a car tire. I just ordered a set of 203mm ebike rotors for my new build and they cost more than pads,rotors and 2 ball joints for my car. The covid has made everything go up in price.
It's inflation from gov. spending, no doubt.

Back