STINKING HIGH TIRE PRICES!

Bike parts in general have gotten crazy stupid. I run Maxxis Hookworms. A pair of those cost as much or more than a car tire. I just ordered a set of 203mm ebike rotors for my new build and they cost more than pads,rotors and 2 ball joints for my car. The covid has made everything go up in price.
I have a shimano 203mm disc on my bike it was around $20. I wonder what it is now.

I can't even buy a bike. My old cruiser Riverside is worth about $400 now.
Yesterday, I went into a Harbor Freight and the 79cc Predator was $129,
up from $99. It's Biden's economy. I expect gas prices will soon be
$5.00/gal. due to his war on energy and pushing electrics.

I've been interested in tesla turbines lately with even low pressure the rpm is high and there is no friction surface except the bearings unlike air vanes and radial air piston motors. With a proper gearbox I heard you can take high rpm and transfer to torque. Of course it might be better suited for electricity than powering something. The problem 100 years ago was the discs would expand but by now I'm sure there is a suitable alloy. Wind and hydro are the only real clean energy I suppose then geothermal.

yeah, everything is more expensive now, Harbor freights pricing is a lot higher now, a 4x8 trailer used to be 249$ for the 1800lb load version, now it's 449$

I've also noticed HF stopped giving out 20% off coupons now, and most of the old coupons are gone all together. I guess they just can't turn a profit if they did.

Also I've seen a ton of people turning to used equipment (like lawnmowers, tillers etc) instead of getting new ones. Sales on used stuff is up by a lot compared to new stuff (ie, last year I could buy a used toro lawnmower for 100$ now the markets up to around 180$ on the same used mower)

yeah, everything is more expensive now, Harbor freights pricing is a lot higher now, a 4x8 trailer used to be 249$ for the 1800lb load version, now it's 449$

I've also noticed HF stopped giving out 20% off coupons now, and most of the old coupons are gone all together. I guess they just can't turn a profit if they did.

Also I've seen a ton of people turning to used equipment (like lawnmowers, tillers etc) instead of getting new ones. Sales on used stuff is up by a lot compared to new stuff (ie, last year I could buy a used toro lawnmower for 100$ now the markets up to around 180$ on the same used mower)

I just bought cst Cyclops 24x2.4 for $25 each on ebay.

I kinda miss the HF free gift coupon with any purchase.
I would buy a 50 cent pen razor knife with a 20% off coupon and get a free gift.
I would spend 30 cents and have one of their many free gifts valued at $3 to $5
I now have a bunch of pen razor knives and a bunch of different free gift items.
Some of the free gifts were flashlights and multi meters I use em all the time.
Also got a bunch of 24PK AA and AAA batteries Who care if the batteries don't last long their FREE
Other free gift Items were 5'x7' tarps and micro fiber sm. towels. Other stuff too.

It seemed like I used to get HF coupons in the mail every week. Only time I see a HF coupon these days is if I look one up on the computer.

I've been interested in tesla turbines lately with even low pressure the rpm is high and there is no friction surface except the bearings unlike air vanes and radial air piston motors. With a proper gearbox I heard you can take high rpm and transfer to torque. Of course it might be better suited for electricity than powering something. The problem 100 years ago was the discs would expand but by now I'm sure there is a suitable alloy. Wind and hydro are the only real clean energy I suppose then geothermal.

Well, you don't even need bearings, you can have magnets holding it up, it would be complex but possible.
Think about the efficiency, lol

Back