Stock clutch hack (never slip again)

Jayraye39

Local time
7:16 PM
Hey guys hear to post a very cheap and reliable clutch hack without screwing with springs or buying an aftermarket plate. If your like me and have moded your motor and tuned it perfectly then chances are your stock clutch is giving in and slipping. With added torque or hp the stock clutch cannot handle the load. So what I did was take the plate off another motor and double stacked 2 plates onto my motor. But make very sure your plates fit flat onto one another. The clutch plates are stamped and usually have a warp to them. If this is the case simply grind the inside of the outside plate until they sit flat when stacked. Now by double stacking you are adding more surface weight which will give the clutch a much better grab. Also by double stacking you are adding more tension to the inner spring also giving you a better bite Your clutch will never slip again. You can get a stock clutch plate for $6. View attachment 106654View attachment 106652this hack also enables you to take off from a dead stop with a 36 tooth sprocket by high rpms and riding out the clutch. Both plates fit firmly on the guide pins. To test durability i have redlined my rpms and released the clutch to a stall. No issues whatsoever. From now on all my motors will have double plates. PS don't bash this hack till you try it. Only takes 3min to setup. Depending if you have to grind or not. Remove cover, setscrew, and flowernut. Add plate then put on flowernut and so forth. My flower nut is set at 4 full turns

DAMIEN1307

Staff member
Local time
5:16 PM
Hi @Jayraye39,

Was there a reason why you copy and pasted your original opening post to this thread again here on page 4 ???

There was no added statement or purpose to this post that i can see.

Am i missing something or did you just forget that you had something to add to this and just forgot to enter it ???.

Thanks in advance...DAMIEN

EDIT...I just found it...You made an edition to the original post but didn't separate it from the "quote" which made it get lost in translation..

I will post the addition here for you so others can see the addition to your original post with the new addition to it separated from the original.

View attachment 106654View attachment 106652this hack also enables you to take off from a dead stop with a 36 tooth sprocket by high rpms and riding out the clutch. Both plates fit firmly on the guide pins. To test durability i have redlined my rpms and released the clutch to a stall. No issues whatsoever. From now on all my motors will have double plates. PS don't bash this hack till you try it. Only takes 3min to setup. Depending if you have to grind or not. Remove cover, setscrew, and flowernut. Add plate then put on flowernut and so forth. My flower nut is set at 4 full turns

furweider691

Local time
4:16 PM
Hey bro , that's a bad ass bike you built . You know what your skill set is , brother . You don't need to prove nothing to anyone ... Always gonna be elitist in this world . Us commoners see what your doing ...it's all good .