Stock clutch pads

weefek

Local time
7:22 PM
Hey all

I purchased another Grubee GT5B engine as a spare and am currently disassembling it.

Is it just me or do these stock clutch pads look like sh*t ???

Anyone have recommendations for good replacement pads?

Attachments

• 20220608_230744.jpg
    20220608_230744.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 96
Hey all

I purchased another Grubee GT5B engine as a spare and am currently disassembling it.

I prefer the red pads, they slip a little more, but won't toss tiny wires into the clutch bearings or drive gears. Those are upgraded pads, but to me they just cause more issues I don't want to deal with. The red ones are fire clay/rubberish stuff. Do just fine for me.

Hey all

Those are an upgrade pad, but they look warn out. Did you get a new to you engine?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Those are an upgrade pad, but they look warn out. Did you get a new to you engine?
Nope, brand new. I can tell it hasn't been run yet / before. No idea why these pads look like they do... I never checked the pads on my first engine (which I'm currently running) but I haven't had any issues with them yet.

Thanks for the link Karl, I assume these are the red ones I've seen other people talking about including Chainlube

Nope, brand new. I can tell it hasn't been run yet / before. No idea why these pads look like they do... I never checked the pads on my first engine (which I'm currently running) but I haven't had any issues with them yet.

Thanks for the link Karl, I assume these are the red ones I've been other people talking about including Chainlube
If the engine hasn't been run before, why isn't there a little glob of grease between the gears?

If the engine hasn't been run before, why isn't there a little glob of grease between the gears?

They come dry as far as I know. My last kit also had zero grease on the gears when I got it. There's been the minimal amount of china grease on all the other grease-able parts.

I've been working on cars / engines since I was 5 I know for sure the engine has never been run before. I'm in the process of taking it apart.

Currently fighting the stupid slotted bolt on the small clutch beveled gear....

They come dry as far as I know. My last kit also had zero grease on the gears when I got it. There's been the minimal amount of china grease on all the other grease-able parts.

I've been working on cars / engines since I was 5 I know for sure the engine has never been run before. I'm in the process of taking it apart.

Currently fighting the stupid slotted bolt on the small clutch beveled gear....
Where's your impact screwdriver?

Have had bad luck using impacts with slotted bits lol

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back