Stock clutch pads

If you are talking the crank bearings I have a little trick I was taught by an old timer that used to do small engine rebuilds for a good 40 or so years. With 2 strokes he would mix some 2 stroke oil with a little bit of petroleum jelly (vasoline) until it had a consistency a bit thicker than honey. He would "pack" some into the crank and wrist pin bearings during assembly. Petroleum jelly melts at a bit over 100 degrees, so once the engine gets hot it melts off and boils away. Makes it a bit of a finicky engine at first start with all that extra oil, but it goes away quickly. I've done it with every 2 stroke I have ever rebuilt or built, including my Phantom 85. Works great.
That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you sir!!!

To me it just seems wrong to leave them completely dry

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you sir!!!

To me it just seems wrong to leave them completely dry
realistically, as long as they have some small amount of oil sitting in the race grooves, that's all they will really need. There are plenty of motors that have been built and run with just a simple drop or two of 2 stroke oil in the bearings that had zero issues.

realistically, as long as they have some small amount of oil sitting in the race grooves, that's all they will really need. There are plenty of motors that have been built and run with just a simple drop or two of 2 stroke oil in the bearings that had zero issues.
I agree if I was going to run the engine right away. This is a spare so it'll be sitting on the shelf for awhile.

Back