Stock NT carb (Modifications Guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remove the emulsion tube and bore straight through then epoxy the tube back in place on the nt.
Ahhh ok... Yea, If I could bore 1mm out and not have to do all that I'd probably go with the speed carb and be at 17mm that way...open the manifold side 1mm as well and call it done.

You're talking about the exit side right?...when I look down the entry side the floor of the port is maybe one millimeter from the floor the jet sticks up from...not sure how you could get 3mm more on the entry side full circumference.
Your actualy only opening it 1.5mm around from the original bore to get 17mm.

I'm kind of disappointed I got the aluminum intake instead of the steel one...not sure I can take 3mm out of the intake entry to match it up to a bored NT.

So more of an oval shape than circular?
No its dia ends up 3mm larger when you bore 1.5mm all around,Sorry I dont know how to describe it better.If you take a 17mm bit and put it against the standerd bore you will see that from the existing wall to the edge of the bit is only 1.5mm.

Ok I gotcha now..lol

I might buy one of those brake cylinder hones and run it till the bottom levels with the floor and see where it ends up size wise.

However, Now the jet is in the path way of flow instead of only the needle..lol.

I'll play with it and find all I can with it...cheap enough to replace if I mess up somewhere..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back