stock pipes

Slowrida

Local time
8:27 AM
Hi these china 80cc motor kits online you buy, the stock exhaust pipes, are there any known tweaks people have done to reduce some back pressure?? or is it something that shouldn't be messed with..

Hi these china 80cc motor kits online you buy, the stock exhaust pipes, are there any known tweaks people have done to reduce some back pressure?? or is it something that shouldn't be messed with..
Throw it in the garbage and buy a real expansion pipe like a mz65. Or if your handy with a welder you can use a scooter expansion pipe. The MZ 65 is the closest thing that will bolt on directly but you may still have to tweak it to fit. Depends on your frame really.

I like the stock pipe. It looks better than the 65 & lmao I bet it’s quieter.

Shine light down in it and cut the chrome tube to fit right inbetween the baffles, usually an inch to inch an half off the tip. Use a wire to measure it out.

Look up “2 stroke muffler” on eBay, use an angle grinder to cut off muffler cylinder on stock exhaust, and use the supplied gasket to mount the new muffler and apply muffler cement. Unrestricted flow that’s still muffled and sounds a hell of a lot like a Harley... :)

The new style mufflers are restricted, the ones that came with kits 10 years ago when I started building had nothing inside them. It was easy to tune by adjusting the stinger size/ length to get fairly good improvements.

As was said earlier the single best upgrade is a expansion chamber, if you’ll read the two stroke tuners hand book it’s all explained.

Right, these newer so-called "catalyst" black exhausts are far more restrictive (and considerably quieter) than the kit exhausts we used to get. I've read that the chrome exhausts still don't have catalysts tho. If one wanted to keep the stock appearance, the chrome kit-style exhaust is the way to go. One just has to make sure the header flange has the right stud-spacing (32mm or 40mm).

OldKitChrome.jpg

I went over 40 regularly with one of these exhausts on a fully bagged Schwinn that had stock GT5 and Dax 66 engines on it over time.

Back