Stolen stolen bike

Seriously, have you considered moving? It's not because you have done anything wrong but sounds like there are some real *******s in your community.

:eek:I'm with Torques.

It's time to "Fight or Flee".

I would flee for my life.

You are in my prayers more often now.

Myron

Wow Jemma!!! Torques and 5-7 Heaven have a point. I have a friend in upstate New York that has an old farm house she has turned into a retreat/commune/refuge for trans woman. Awesome folks, they take any one in, in need of refuge. House sits below one mountain and in view of another. I lived across the st from her and her residents for 4 yrs and no one was ever attacked. I can't find her web page, but will ask a friend to send it and forward to you

Thanks for the kind thoughts all..

We dont tend to have that sort of thing over here - other than Brighton lol

The way I see it is like this - if I cant function in the 'normal world' then I will feel I have failed. As regards monday night I should have been more careful and I usually am when it comes to going out, but I was with someone else who probably wasnt entirely aware of how dangerous a mixture strangers & alcohol can be *sigh*

I've heard nothing more about the bike, it looks like thats long gone :(. I am very tempted to start making up bikes for people in the UK... but thats a whole 'nother set of challenges...

Im still feeling a little battered but getting back to normal gradually

and have started work on the next bike - hoping to be able to cut the rear fender to fit the mount into it as if it came that way.. and I am planning to route the cable's through the tank area...

front fender light works well and I will use the cateye light I still have as a backup - just need to get a new bracket for it...

Jemma xx

Jemma I have a lot of respect for you and people like you. Sadly in this society people who are 'traditional' have very inflexible ways of viewing the world and unfortunately anything other than a masculine man and a feminine woman is frowned upon and often derided. In High School I weighed 140 pounds and had very long straight hair. I was picked on a lot and called a woman, I didn't let it bother me, but I was never physically attacked.

I am proud to see that the same folks who offered prayers to you, did not turn their backs on you when they found out your condition. I expected more judgement than that and I must say I am surprised. Most people I know who are traditional (my fathers age) would either make some off color joke or harsh judgement. Still, you seem like a tough person who perseveres through much adversity and doesn't let the ignorance of others bother you.

Anyway, good luck building your new machine and know that we all wish you the best!

Jemma I have a lot of respect for you and people like you. Sadly in this society people who are 'traditional' have very inflexible ways of viewing the world and unfortunately anything other than a masculine man and a feminine woman is frowned upon and often derided. In High School I weighed 140 pounds and had very long straight hair. I was picked on a lot and called a woman, I didn't let it bother me, but I was never physically attacked.

I am proud to see that the same folks who offered prayers to you, did not turn their backs on you when they found out your condition. I expected more judgement than that and I must say I am surprised. Most people I know who are traditional (my fathers age) would either make some off color joke or harsh judgement. Still, you seem like a tough person who perseveres through much adversity and doesn't let the ignorance of others bother you.

Anyway, good luck building your new machine and know that we all wish you the best!

Thanks for the comments all :).

I am tempted to leave the town I am living in to be honest... there are some interesting possibilities that might be happening in the near future...

As to bullying I had it from about 7 to about age 18. I came out of school at 5'11 and in US numbers I was 98lbs all in - around about 7 stone. I have since put on to balance out at about 140lbs and am still an american size 6/8. I was the second fastest runner at school over 100 yards but no good at protecting myself. I was regularly physically attacked from about age 11. The schools knew about it and did nothing.

Im grateful for the support of people on here - it means alot - I get very little in my area - my family are beginning to come around a little but most of the time they miss the point completely :(

As to the new bike - as in the other thread I have finally managed to get it ridable (even though it doesnt have a bottom bearing race right now).. and its very very hard work to pedal - I think the engine is definately the way to go. The hub gears are very smooth but there is such a gap between them that it can be hard work... roll on the engine kit lol.

Jemma xx

You honor me

I am honerd to be part of a group that judges folks not by "what" they are but rather "who" they are. Jemma, Carol and I will be in London next fall on biz, We will be taking you out for din and drinks if you are available. You rock.

Back