Stolen Stolen - Santa Cruz, CA

try this: go talk to the kid's family & demand retribution for repairs...then insist he has to help with the repairs, maybe some positive exposure could turn the tide?

As 'disnified' as that sounds, you're probably right, his - parents probably never REALLY challenged him to do anything worthwhile, and if an adult showed some interest in him and showed him how to make or fix something he would get a sense of accomplishment and some self esteem, which feels better than selfishness any day!

Glad you recovered your bike, too bad it was your neighbor. His age will probably work to his advantage...**** shame... the kid really deserves an adult *** whoopin'. Take the punk to court or take his parents to court and sue for compensatory damages!!! Had this happened to me, I'd be locked and loaded... **** thief...

Victim or the crime?

Crime Stoppers seeks info on theft from building (Newark, OH)

NEWARK - Licking County Crime Stoppers is offering up to a $1,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for stealing more than $28,000 worth of items from a building in Newark.

The Newark Police Department reported on the night of July 10, someone broke into a building used for storage on Sandalwood Drive and stole several items, including two Schwinn motorized bicycles valued at $7,500 each. Other stolen items include a Magnavox plasma TV, a Honda generator, a Kobalt tool chest and several valuable tools.

If you have information on this crime or any other serious crimes, call Licking County Crime Stoppers at (740) 349-6888 or (888) 488-9058. A special coding system protects the identity of the caller but allows for the reward to be issued at a later time. If the caller testifies at grand jury the reward may be doubled.

Remember this article next time your wheels disappear... $7,000 in sentimental value.

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome! one of the few that gets their happy-time back! good to hear it. i, too, was wondering like augi, if something positive can be made of it. besides his penchant for stealing bikes, whats the lad like? is there any hope for any kind of a future, or is he a lost cause at that age already? maybe you can lead him in the right direction to get his own. nah...screw it. hang him.

LOL! that's why they call him "happy" folks :p

i guess i should have been more clear: i meant, give him a chance to choose something besides the butt-kickin', not let him off scott-free.

I've followed this link for awhile. I once knew a guy who stole from a neighbor, got popped, and really turned out OK. I'm way past those types of decisions, but this link has made me sit down with my son, as I have on a lot of occasions, and just reinforced what is right or wrong.

There are few things worse than getting something taken from you. I've had it happen on a few occasions and every time I had tunnel vision violence. It's not the way to behave in a civil society.

tunnel vision violence is bad, m-kay? sometimes, tho, you gotta speak the language.

last time i had to get physical, some years ago, i grabbed the leader of the local toughs by the collar & didn't let him go until he fully understood that if my intent was to physically harm him, he'd be one hurtin' bubba...i explained that a lot of guys wouldn't be showing so much restraint...i didn't stop 'til he was cryin' in front of his friends...the neighborhood was much quieter after that episode.

people need to know there are consequences.

Damm. I say 500 for damages and time spent on work. Sure you can get the kid to work it off,but...man.
What did the cops do? Did he have to go to court? Did you press charges? I would really want to know how much your town is letting this boy get away with.

Well, I did certain things but that wasn't one of them. I never lived in California, and it wasn't part of the gig at all.

Back