Stolen Stolen - Santa Cruz, CA

sorry to hear that dude :devilish:
I think bike thieves should get what they used to do to horse thieves...
hang 'em from the nearest tree

you know what they say. something like 87% of the murders are comitted by someone who knew them. so when you find out who did it, take a little while to get to know them before you kill them. you wouldnt want to unbalance the statistics. did they steal it from outside your house? call the cops. if these bikes are as rare there as they are here, the cops will notice.

was it left outside? if it was outside they will snatch it up real fast. i ride mine to work and put it right in the shop cause i know its gone if its left outside.

keeping an eye open

i visit quite a few sites ill watch closely!!!!!that makes me so violent.hope you find it.!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, thanks for your kind wishes :) I had a daydream today, that I somehow made a mistake in building, and as the f$$ker is biking down the hill next to my house, the front wheel comes off and over the top he goes, and POW! breaks a collar-bone. I know, I know, sick. But I was *pissed*.

> if these bikes are as rare there as they are here, the cops will notice.

These things are rare, but not super rare. I didn't write down the serial number! ARGH! Actually, I wrote it down, but I lost the paper. ARGH!!!!

> was it left outside?
Yes, on my front porch. But, it has a 7' high fence around it, so you can't easily see it's there. Basically this means, someone saw me riding it into my porch, and stole it. I was asleep, roughly 6' away from my bike, and it got stolen. Thing is, there are TONS of really nice, >$2K mountain bikes all over the place in front porches all over my condo complex.

Ok, I made two mistakes: (1) I didn't write down the serial #!! (2) I didn't lock the bike on my porch. (2) didn't seem like a big deal at the time, but (1) come on? How could I be so stupid :(

beast - you mentioned you visit some sites, any chance you could tell me what these are?

Sigh, like most people here, one of the reasons i bought this thing was so that I could get around town on the cheap (I'm a grad student.) I saved up for a couple of months to get this thing, and i can't really afford a replacement, esp 1 week after getting it running!! :( Ok, enough sob-story, it's just i know a lot of you are in the same boat, so at least you understand :)

Take care guys, lock your bike, write your serial # down.
n

I hate/dispise people that are to lazy to work and buy their own stuff and just steal other peoples stuff.

I hope you find your bike.

Chances are they stole it for a joy ride and ditched it somewhere.
Unless the thief is really stupid I doubt you'll see it being ridden around unless it was sold to a person.
The person you see riding it might not have been the one who actully stole it.

Do we need to start putting things like this device on all are belongings.
http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/loc8tor-plus.html
Looks like it comes with everything thats needed except the Louisville Slugger.

ya ill go get the sites

there mostly chat but ive seen new posters come on with bike for sale?theres thousands of members heres some http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?threadID=1000520043&tstart=0&mod=1183310795948
1208_bikelocks_1.jpg

well the usual craigslist used victoria moped army a guy found his motored bike there.ahhh late for work.

Back