stops running when clutch is pulled

S

scottfl82

hi all first time to motoredbikes. im 25 living around tampa florida and i have a problem which i believe is electrical but am very opened to suggestions at this point.

heres the details i have a 70cc motor umm chinese design i assume. some older folks ive talked to say it looks like a "whizzer" but i got mine from howell motors on ebay.

ive had the bike running for about three months and there have been no problems other than a leaking carburetor but that was resolved by the seller.

just the other day i was riding the engine sounded bogged down and when i pulled the clutch it died. my first thought was the killswitch was shorting but after unwiring it and checking all the wires for shorts the problem still remained

before i start taking things apart i need a second or third opinion thanks.

well the cluch pin may be bad u should chech that. and u should check ur wires and magneto see if everything is on good and cuz it happend to mine and i fix it so check that then get back to me.

i looked at all that stuff. magneto is fine as well as all the wires. i dont know what damage/problem im looking for on the clutch pin. it slid right out when i took the sproket cover off. it was greased and had no sign of wear. i gave her a test run afterward and still the same runs ok kinda bogged till you try and pull the clutch lever and then it dies

yes, check the "idle" screw...they do vibrate out if you don't watch it.

What happens if you have someone hold the rear wheel off the ground while it's running, then pull in the clutch? How about if you give it some throttle as you pull in the clutch?

Moth

well i wished the idle screw was the easy fix but its not. also bout the holding the bike off the ground that works if you can pull the clutch and give it gas fast enough but as soon as you stop giving it gas it dies.

you can try to back-out the adjuster on top of carb , it may not be leaving any gas going to engine when you let go of throttle

u may have gotten a bad servo idk but u could try to get a new one it will probley work

Bad servo? Huh? :?

Re-check the intake gasket/carb/throttle cable. What happens if you screw the idle screw in several turns? It may have worn away at the tip and so screwing it in the "normal" amount does nothing.

New plug?

Pulling in the clutch will disengage the engine from the drive line, but if you keep the throttle opened it shouldn't quit unless you mean when pulling in the clutch to stop with no throttle. Is it possible that pulling in the clutch causes something to bind, therefore killing the engine?

"bogging a little"....can you elaborate on that? You mean it seems to "bog down" while running it at a regular cruise?

Back