Strange Engine Noise

wintooms

Local time
12:49 PM
Hey so randomly my engine started making these knocking/grinding sounds. Almost sounds like a washing machine haha. It makes the noise when moving both when the engine is on and off. Wondering if anybody knows what these means before I start taking it apart. I’m leaning towards something with the drivetrain. Thanks

Not sure if it’s me but someone calls me and describes what their engine sounds like and I have no clue whats being described and say I need to see it. Could be any number of broken parts, it sounds internal. Check all moving parts which is pretty much the whole thing. Pull it apart before there’s permanent damage somewhere

Well I found the issue. The head is cracked so it’s rubbing against the piston. Look like a need a new engine...🙄

Attachments

• DDBDEB9B-7FEB-44D3-B6A5-C52966B66409.jpeg
    DDBDEB9B-7FEB-44D3-B6A5-C52966B66409.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 121
Ok thanks. Does this mean I will have to break in the engine again or can I run it with 32:1?

This could be caused by a bad cast with voids or over tightening the case bolt and head bolt. Be careful and use a torque wrench if you’re not sure how tight it should be. It’s easy to over tighten. We can’t do anything about a bad cast be we can prevent issues from over tightening.

Back