Strange Stories while riding in the wild...

• Thread starter Deleted member 30828
  • Start date
I didn't make the rules here. When a cop tells you to get on the sidewalk... You do as he says.
DON"T try to turn this into EVERYBODY is stupid but you.

I didn't make the rules here. When a cop tells you to get on the sidewalk... You do as he says.
DON"T try to turn this into EVERYBODY is stupid but you.
So you're saying some cop told you to operate a gas powered vehicle on the sidewalk under gas power? Not all cops know or fully understand various laws. Just watch some Cherokee Schrill videos. She's constantly being stopped by cops just for the cop to learn she was operating her bike in a legal manner.

As I recall NY laws it isn't legal to operate any self built motorized bicycle on the public roadways be electric or gas. NY only allows manufactured motorized vehicles on their public roadways. That being said you might be in an area where they don't enforce the law as long as you're obeying all of the other traffic laws.

I never said everybody else is stupid. There's lots of smart, responsible and law abiding riders on this forum.

Yes, The state troopers and county cops will tell you to get off the road and ride on the sidewalk.
If you're on the sidewalks you ride at the slowest speed and don't act like you're riding a crochet rocket.
Just use common sense and all is fine. (y)

So you're saying some cop told you to operate a gas powered vehicle on the sidewalk under gas power? Not all cops know or fully understand various laws. Just watch some Cherokee Schrill videos. She's constantly being stopped by cops just for the cop to learn she was operating her bike in a legal manner.

As I recall NY laws it isn't legal to operate any self built motorized bicycle on the public roadways be electric or gas. NY only allows manufactured motorized vehicles on their public roadways. That being said you might be in an area where they don't enforce the law as long as you're obeying all of the other traffic laws.

I never said everybody else is stupid. There's lots of smart, responsible and law abiding riders on this forum.
Now that u mention it, ive actually had bicycle cops talk to me about how cool my bike is, while we were ALL RIDING ON THE SIDEWALK LOL

hey guys i just rode to the mall on the sidewalk! what yall internet police gon' do....arrest me??? 😂🤣

okay im out fo real bye ✌️

Yes, The state troopers and county cops will tell you to get off the road and ride on the sidewalk.
If you're on the sidewalks you ride at a slowest speed and don't act like you're riding a crochet rocket.
Just use common sense and all is fine. (y)
What they're telling you if you're on a road where's there's a minimum posted speed limit that you can't maintain then to get on the sidewalk under pedal power alone. If there isn't a posted minimum speed limit then as a cyclist you have a legal right to use the public roadways. However, if your state considers your vehicle to be illegal to operate on the public roadways, then be thankful the cop is allowing you to operate it on the sidewalk under pedal power only.

I feel for y'all up there your state sucks when it comes to our bikes.

Now that u mention it, ive actually had bicycle cops talk to me about how cool my bike is, while we were ALL RIDING ON THE SIDEWALK LOL

hey guys i just rode to the mall on the sidewalk! what yall internet police gon' do....arrest me??? 😂🤣

okay im out fo real bye ✌️
Keep scaring people on the sidewalks; it won't be long before some video pops up and then see how funny you think it is when you have fines. Like I said not all cops fully know the laws when it comes to motorized bicycles. However, all it takes is one Axx Hole cop who does know the laws. Seen lots of videos of horror stories especially in Florida.

Keep scaring people on the sidewalks; it won't be long before some video pops up and then see how funny you think it is when you have fines. Like I said not all cops fully know the laws when it comes to motorized bicycles. However, all it takes is one Axx Hole cop who does know the laws. Seen lots of videos of horror stories especially in Florida.
😂 so, theres this cool little shop in town that rents and sells electric bikes. they often take people out on tours around town, whole groups of them. guess where they ride mister internet police man? let me give you a hint....NOT the streets.

what u gon' do, give em fines? impound em all? bet u would...

this aint florida. not all places are the same dude

Jerry, STOP being a know it all..... You don't live where I do. I think I know more than you do when it comes to riding here.
In 3.500+ miles I NEVER got a ticket

😂 so, theres this cool little shop in town that rents and sells electric bikes. they often take people out on tours around town, whole groups of them. guess where they ride mister internet police man? let me give you a hint....NOT the streets.

what u gon' do, give em fines? impound em all? bet u would...

this aint florida. not all places are the same dude
You need to lose the attitude and thinking revving your engine scaring pedestrians on sidewalks is funny. You're talking with riders who've been around for a very long time and are by no means fools or stupid. If this man was scared he would've ran when he first saw you not when he got right beside of you. Your bike is very recognizable, becoming a public nuisance can have consequences other than legal pursuits against you.

Grow up and realize when you're being given helpful advice. Don't make the mistake of saying I wished I'd listened.

Jerry, STOP being a know it all..... You don't live where I do. I think I know more than you do when it comes to riding here.
In 3.500+ miles I NEVER got a ticket
Anybody can look up state legal statutes my state is TN 55-8-101(35). I too have lived in NY. I was on a Cycling pedal only forum for many many years. I'm also very familiar with your state laws. You may be in an area where they aren't being enforced. However, I bet you aren't drawing attention to yourself either by reckless behavior or being a public nuisance.

Back