Strange Stories while riding in the wild...

• Thread starter Deleted member 30828
  • Start date
I live in Tennessee and have rode on many narrow, curvey mountian roads with 50+ foot drop offs on the side of the rode. I've also rode on highways where the speed limit was 55 mph. Never at any time have I felt unsafe or the need to be doing 30 mph on a sidewalk ment for pedestrians. I guess some just lack confidence in their cycling skills and abilities to navigate traffic.
The roads i speak of are wide. The land is flat. You can see the next tree 5 miles away lol. Southwest Minnesota and South Dakota. Towns 1000-100 population, 15 or 30 miles apart (a day's horseback ride in the old days but during the Sioux uprising some towns burned and where never rebuilt hence the 30 miles). Literally one stop light in the entire lac que parle county and its not in a town. They're might be a couple more in dawson now i haven't been there in a few years.

Oh, one more thing lol. No matter what traffic you feel confident to navigate, it's the traffic in these rural ass communities that we don't have confidence in to navigate the riders. In bigger cities and more populated states, you guys have enough cyclists get ran over where drivers are aware and don't want to be on the news for running over a cyclist, out here, it's not the same and what cyclist wants to be the first one to get ran over to raise awareness?

It was the god damn over reaching government that took their rights away. Don't f***ing blame a select few individuals that the Australian government chose to exploit as the reason. I bet more drunk people die on motorcycles in Australia every year than have ever died on motorized bikes. Tyranny. Period. You do realize that statistically, mathematically, AR 15s are one of the safest rifles in America.
That's all it takes is a few people to start complaining about something. Then some wanna be in the government will start a campaign against it. All they need is some examples to justify their cause they're spear heading. Well where do you think they get these examples from? Idiots posting videos doing stupid illegal crap and bystanders making videos of it. Sadly it won't matter that millions fully and completely obey the laws. The few bad ones will be what some jerk off politicians will use to take from you.

Therefore my mission is to try teach bad cyclist the skills they need to be good cyclist.

Watch all 3 videos and learn. Don't let your pride keep you from becoming a better cyclist. Though I had rode bicycles for year, I was very surprised how much I was taught from these videos.

I feel like we should all do our best to not get ran over, and to not run anyone else over, if that means riding in the road, so be it, if that means riding on a desolate sidewalk then, so be it.

If I'm recalling the Minnesota law correctly you have to be under a certain age to legally ride on a sidewalk on a human powered bicycle.

if that means riding on a desolate sidewalk then, so be it.
Evidently, the sidewalk wasn't so desolate as he scared the crap out of somone walking on it...night time at that, so i doubt its a rural area...We will never know what kind of area he lives in because he refuses to say what State he is even in, let alone if its a small rural area or not...DAMIEN

Doing what he did was an absolute threat to public safety...Period.

Last edited:
Evidently, the sidewalk wasn't so desolate as he scared the crap out of somone...at night time at that, so i doubt its a rural area...We will never know what kind of area he lives in because he refuses to say what state he is even in, let alone if its a small rural area or not...DAMIEN
I've had to teach many cyclist what the far right law means. If a lane is wide enough for lane sharing then the cyclist has to ride as far to the side of the road as safely possible.

Lane sharing shouldn't be confused with lane splitting. Lane sharing means the lane is wide enough that if a cyclist rides to the far right a motorists can still pass them by 3 feet without having to go into another lane. Lane sharing is legal through out the USA.

If a lane isn't wide enough for lane sharing then the cyclist has the right to use the entire lane. Therefore the safest place for the cyclist is in the center of the lane.

Lane splitting means if traffic is stopped at a traffic light and certain conditions exist a cyclist can ride between vehicles to the front of traffic and then stop at the red light. Lane splitting is only legal in a few states in the USA.

I've had to teach many cyclist what the far right law means.
Hehehehe...You DO know that your preaching to the "cop" choir here on rules of the road, Right ???...lol...lol...lol...DAMIEN

There is two DAMIEN'S you know...The ASE certified mechanic one and then there is the retired cop one...lol.

Hehehehe...You DO know that your preaching to the "cop" choir here on rules of the road, Right ???...lol...lol...lol...DAMIEN

There is two DAMIEN'S you know...The ASE certified mechanic one and then there is the retired cop one...lol.
I didn't put that on there for your benefit. I already know you know that.

Back