stripped cylinder stud?

Sumsloppymeet

Local time
6:09 AM
Decided to just mix up some jb weld steel and coat the end of the stud it was grabbing some but free spinning at the bottom so i just filled it and removed the excess and cleaned it up now my question is will it hold well? ive got it together and it torqued down fine it seems just curious if i should keep an eye on it

Decided to just mix up some jb weld steel and coat the end of the stud it was grabbing some but free spinning at the bottom so i just filled it and removed the excess and cleaned it up now my question is will it hold well? ive got it together and it torqued down fine it seems just curious if i should keep an eye on it

I would just keep an eye on it..worse case scenario is you keep blowing cylinder and head gaskets frequently...most likely where the stud may come loose.

was a stage 2 zeda now its a Dio Reed with 21mm oko windowded piston grapihite bushing OZ magneto upgraded CDI im aiming to make it as reliable as possible really

Attachments

• 20171031_162455[1].jpg
    20171031_162455[1].jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 99
ive gone down to getting a 50mm suspension seat post with dual shock saddle ive converted the bottom bracket to shimano sealed catridge 3 piece which im waiting on a better built crank to arrive as well as an 16-18t Duo ENO freewheel its got a schimano MX-30 at the moment im taking any suggestions on what may make it better lol

If it works, cool. If it fails drill it out and heli coil it.

is there a way to clean out the bottom end if it were to get unwanted particles in it?
I'm sure you could rinse it out with petrol.. sorry.. gas.
But I installed Helicoil in all four of my cylinder stud holes, and in my experience it won't be a problem...
Clean off any oil before starting, then stuff a bit of paper towel between the crank cheeks and stick electrical tape over the whole opening.
Use silicone lubricant spray as cutting lube on your drill bits and this will control the finer dust at the same time by making it clump. Vacuum away the swarf between drilling each hole. Remove the tape with the engine upside down. :)

Back