Engine Trouble Stripped Exhaust Bolts

Just a option to think about, he could buy a 6mmX1.0 helicoil kit. Then install studs & use nuts to hold pipe on.
I agree, the rest of the world it seems can work in metric. Helicoils or knockoffs offer superior strength in weaker parent materials. That why I stripped my motor years ago and did this. No issues for 15 years.....

My dad would always say something like " Son, have you tried?" I'd say no and he'd say " Well what you want me to wipe your @** for you too? Go try and figure it out, don't be another dummy, because I'm not wiping your @** anymore, I had years of that already." lmao

I learned how to do a lot, just because my dad did want to raise lazy boys, he was making men.

edit: I love my Dad. He was cool asf growing up.

Your not going to find it. not easily or at the hardware store. 7mm Its a rarely used thread.
Yes 7mm is uncommon and the Hardware store usually only has the hex head. If they have any at all
My Whizzer has a couple 7 mm cap screw bolts (allen head) on the Cyl to case. I had to order them

I have done some research and 7mm is common for scooter cylinder studs but I agree probably hard to find in USA. Not so much in Canada etc...

Yes 7mm is uncommon and the Hardware store usually only has the hex head. If they have any at all
My Whizzer has a couple 7 mm cap screw bolts (allen head) on the Cyl to case. I had to order them
I've learned two things today, import scooters and whizzers use 7mm. Before today, I knew of nothing. I am surrounded by 1.5 million parts, and I make a few thousand types of parts, my job. Never once used a M7 on anything.

Back