Stuck engine sprocket??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all you need is a screw driver take off the cover and pry away at the chain you most likely will see one link hump over just left up on one end.
Gor a new motor had jam and the thing piss me off one of Allen heads strip out could not get the plate off. So I took a big chance put screwdriver blade to the bolt same width bang on it hard with a hammer while turning the screwdriver creating a new slot between the two bolt came right or with a smile no more agony worries from what if chain snags inside.

Well s**t to put a chain use a 3/4" socket or spark plug hook a chain link around gently turn it clockwise and it will left it up and over the gear be careful you don't get your fing crush and when the chain comes out use a screw drive left it out way cuz it will want do a second time around. You might of had a thin double size so jet with your kit.

But for inside jam you don't need to take gear nut off because the gear is gonna be jammed in there tight use a screw drive left up on the hump link.

Yup, likely your tensioner was too loose, slipped and your chain is bunched up under the sprocket cover.

Here is a pict of more or less the same thing happened to a quad:
57260-6ddd3b5f60f9e759b2e72cc261cf2986.jpg

Here is a partial answer on the same quad: (sorry, no picts of the same thing on a bicycle motor)
57261-f05949449475fd738a75a69e6a835e28.jpg

The orange thing is called a "Case Saver". (poor example really but all I have for picts)

(edit) Ah! Better picts snagged off the web: typical chain jam up.
Looks simple but it is stuck.
(don't loose that bar in the center of the sprocket or the metal ball under it)
1968_img_7400_2-jpg.86245

Case Saver for a motorized bicycle:
maxresdefault.jpg

It limits the chain's ability to jump off the sprocket to a degree (and protects the clutch cylinder).
The better ones surround the sprocket so the chain stays in the teeth of the sprocket.
You can fill the pockets around the drive sprocket with epoxy to keep the chain from bunching up like this.

The REAL answer is to make sure your drive (engine) sprocket, tensioner and driven (wheel) sprocket are all in line
and that the tensioner is properly set (slight chain slack) and tightened enough that it will not rotate or move.

Steve
Get a bunch of Jb weld , and Make chain Guide with it .. its the best thing i can think of , they do sell Chain guids that Bolt on The clutch arm plate ,, and i did see one that CAme with a chain Guide https://www.amazon.com/sthus-Motori...9f-a1d7-85c8bf607e8b&pd_rd_i=B081TT4FD5&psc=1

i had seen a Chain Tensioner like this one Below, But it was Diffrent .. ( but this Will give you the idea , The other one i saw , seemed like better Design . since it REplaced the whole stock plate for the Clutch arm .

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back