Stuck engine sprocket??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem .feels almost like something inside where the sproket is attatched is locked up .i can get mine to turn 1/2 turns .but not very easily.does anyone know what it is.i read everyones answers already checked all that was said.

Make sure when you roll the chain in there that the end going in stays on the sprocket, if the end pops up even a little bit it will get hung up.

Sometimes the chain will rub on the cover or the engine case, a little grinding usually takes care of it.

I had a new engine that would not turn over. When i took it outside the back wheel dropped off the step and somehow,
somewhere, something broke loose and it started.
I've never figured that one out.

Pull the clutch cover and adjust the clutch, this is what I just did on my Auto-Mini. The engine was sitting here for awhile so it had time to get stuck to clutch plate and wouldn't turn over or move at all for that matter.

Ah snap just remembered when i first started my engine it started then seized up with in seconds. Made me very sad. Split the case and found metal debris in a crank bearing. Was actually nice to take it apart and slip fit the crank smooth out little casting flaws and match the transfers to the case better (I'm running my jug backwards for clearance). Get good grease all over the shaft and spring for the clutch. Got it all back together and she purred like a kitten, well not really at all it was still jetted to rich so i soldered and redrilled the jet smaller and now it runs smooth and faster.

My engine sprocket won’t spin, what can I do to fix it?

Put the clutch back together. Set the clutch handle to disengage.
Feed the chain on the top of the sprocket. Feed it around, and use a small hex wrench to pull it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back