Studded tires

Local time
1:14 PM
So I picked up a pair of 120 stud 26×2.1 Continental snow tires off ebay for $50.. For those that ride road and sometimes have to deal with ice they are perfect for the standard Huffy Cruiser with 26×2.125 tires. Wouldnt take am out on a lake but for icey and or sludgey roada they are working great. Was thinking I wpuld be adding the other 120 stids to make them 240 stud but that now doesnt seem necessary. I also ordered a double break pull thumb throttle meant for an atv. I havent installed that yet but i5
It was only $8 vs the $40 Bike Berry and others want for their double break/throttle.

Even 1 is a vast improvement on the front tire I can take a turn about 1/3rd faster on ice with just it vs the standard road huffy cruiser tire. I was looking at the shwalbe also but got lucky on the 'used' Continental. Saw a couple of reveiws on those (Shwalbe pro winters) and they seemed worth it if you are paying full price brand new. Snow isn't nearly as bad to ride under power on as ice bit cam still leave you on your tail side, so if the bike is the main or even only transportation I would get them. Think about it this way a set at 160 is cheaper than ONE decent car snow tire. Even chains for a car or truck are not much cheaper. And all it takes is one patch of black ice to cost you a heck of alot more in pain and damages.

Back