Stumped...

sampson9000

Local time
6:01 AM
Hey, I have a 80cc anbull 2 stroke kit. I've tried everything I can think of and I am still having power issues. So I will list what I have tried...

New plug,
New CDI (Plug wire came off the old one),
Enlarged the old exhaust port gasket hole to match the exhaust (New gasket hole was smaller than the exhaust,
Moved the magneto timing back to stock,
Tested the magneto coil,
Tried the stock pilot jet from the stock carb in the new carb (ran too lean),
Checked the new spark plug coloration (was not extremely rich from what I can tell).

Does not seem to have an air leak as it does not idle high and returns to idle from rev quickly.

Could excessive vibration cause this? I did have to fabricate a engine mount for this bike(Townie Electra), which is solid but perhaps vibration could be reduced by removing the inner tube pieces from the frame.

This is the carb and new cylinder I put on it...

Could use some help...

Like Damien1307 said what's your power issue exactly? The blat blat noise you speak of sounds like the head gasket is leaking, try tightening the head down. What exhaust are you using? The exhaust has a big effect on performance.

standard exhaust. no catalytic converter. I will try tightening the head, but I see no oil leakage. Low power.........mostly at top end...sorry you probably thought I mean too much power.....boy I feel stupid....

Like Damien1307 said what's your power issue exactly? The blat blat noise you speak of sounds like the head gasket is leaking, try tightening the head down. What exhaust are you using? The exhaust has a big effect on performance.

Well the head needed tightened but it didn't seem to help...

Guess it was the carb...went back to stock. Have another question though. The bike wants to die at idle which causes me to have to set the idle too high... Any ideas what could be going on there?

Thanks...

Back