Stupid Cager Tricks [rant]

salfter

I think I know now where the inspiration for the term "cager" comes from. :devilish:

I was tooling along today, minding my own business...my still fairly-new 4-stroke appears to be getting broken in well enough, as it'll do 40 km/h without a sweat and has topped out so far at 47...that's just below the legal limit (30 mph) around here. With some threadlock on the bottom-bracket bits, that's no longer coming loose on me. Life is good...

...until some dumb*ss punk riding shotgun in a late-model Mazda flings his drink (?) out the window and nails me square in the back of the head as I'm riding along. :censored:

Of course, that was followed soon after by a "California salute" from me, but I doubt that the little isht (probably some teenage brat or twentysomething-still-living-with-his-parents loser) got the message. The geek side of me says a camera on the handlebars that can grab a license plate would be handy to create evidence to hand over to the police. The more vengeful side of me kinda wishes for something more forceful...a Ma Deuce would be fun, but it'd weigh more than my bike. :D

Neither of those are too likely, so that leaves me with this rant instead.

G

gone_fishin

this is the kinda thing that butt-kickin's are meant for...i'm po'd for you!

if you ever get a chance to snag a location or identity, post it here...then we'll spread it all over the place.

bamabikeguy

Two months ago there was a case in Virginia, a lady whose husband was serving in Iraq, in a fit of road rage, threw a bottle out her window at another vehicle.

The bottle was considered a "missile", and she was sentenced to 5 years active.

Keep that in mind if you spot the bustards....

S

sideshowsideswipe

Makes me sick when I hear about this cowardly behaviour. Makes me wonder if I'll keep my cool next time it happens, luckily my first instinct is to back off and not risk my life.

J

Jim H

Just the opposite here, first instinct is to react badly, reason takes a few more minutes to set in.

A

Alaskavan

I used to experiene that sort of thing when I lived in the lower 48. I may live beyond the edge of civilization now, but nobody here would behave like that. All I have to deal with is people slowing down to check the bike out and see how fast I'm going. Maybe it's because there just isn't enough traffic here to generate road rage.

G

gone_fishin

yeah, things are that way here, too, van...'ceptin' when the weekenders bring their city driving habits, then it gets pretty hairy...the idjuts have no idea that a boat makes them 2.5 times as long, and that the trailer/boat yaws badly when in a tight curve...he had no business overtaking me there, the boat's gunwales were literally over my head, i thought i was a dead man that day.