Stupid question (about fuel filters)

S

sideshowsideswipe

does it matter which way they are oriented? I am seeing lots of pics in the gallery with the fuel filter paper facing down, I have mine facing up.

while it won't be hard for me to flip it, it will get fuel all over the place so I don't want to flip it if I don't have to...

Quite possible that I am that oblivious - I'll check that when I get home... thanks azkronic!

I've seen that they can work both ways, but they show a flow direction just in case. If you do have it reversed, dont flip it becuase all the crap that got stuck in it will be pushed into your engine. if you have OCD and just HAVE to have it the right way, buy a new one.

if its fine when you check it, then don't worry =D

as a norm, an inline has a clear top and an opaque base. as a practice, the fuel flows into the the clear part and out through the base. this is how you're able to view the debris caught in the paper element & determine when it's time to replace.

obviously, the other direction would catch the debris inside the element & you'd be clueless as to the condition of your fuel system & filter.

agreed... if it's backwards, DO NOT reverse it now...either leave it be or replace with a correctly installed new one.

A) I'm amazed that I type in a question and I get 3 absolutely helpful answers within an hour!

B) I'm amazed that these answers are in complete and proper english!

I'm weeping with joy... :p

Back