Brakes Sturmey Archer Bicycle Dyno Drum Brake.

Those expensive lights are called 'Stand-lights,' because the stay on when you're standing...

You could take one of the new cheap, shake 'em flashlights flashlights apart to recover the capacitor, and use that with a non stand-light to convert it to a stand-light. It's just a good sized tantalum capacitor, I believe. The cap. & diodes could go in the battery compartment of a regular LED bike light.

BTW, fetor - Here's the scoop on the shimano connector. Scroll down to the "Nexus Generator Connector Plug"

Attachments

• nexus-wiring.jpg
    nexus-wiring.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
Plan B.

Good stuff this feedback....what i'll do is wait for the brake to arrive and see what's in the accessories.It doesn't look like the plug is in there but dunno for sure.
In the meantime i'll enquire about getting a Connector Plug locally(that shouldn't be too hard)
I'll also ask the eBay supplier but i'm not confident of a reply there.
Better to know all this before cos i can already have a Plan B prepared...just incase.......Thanks guys. :cool:

Amazing....it took about 2 mins for the eBay supplier(bicyclebones) to respond....Yes it does have the plug. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Hub

I would love to build you a super wheel with that hub, it looks great, but I totally understand you looking for a local wheelbuilder as were so far away and shipping would be a bummer, maybe you can find some 12 guage stainless spokes for it ? ;)

Initial Thoughts.

Dunno if anyone's interested but i'm gonna tell ya anyway :).......i got my S/A Front Dyno Drum Brake thismorning & it arrived in good condition.They seem to make an excellent product S/A.
Next thing is to take it to a local wheelmaster and see what's the best combination of spokes & rim.
When it's finished i'll post a completed pic & my thoughts on it's braking power.
sa.JPG

Rims

I suggest the SUN Rhynolite rims, they've been amazing, and 12 gauge stainless should do the trick nicely ! can't wait to see the finished product !

Say if anyone has a pic of their S/A front drum brake setup on their bike can they please post it.

What exactally do you want to see of the drum brake ? My trike runs SA drums. If you really want a good look, you are welcome to come and have a look :) , I am in Blakeview

this is a pic of my X-FD on the deviate
it is mounted on the right side of wheel because of the large lower triangle
I actually had to drill thru the brake arm and triangle and thru-bolt it !!!
normally, it mounts on the left side

Attachments

• IMG_0771.jpg
    IMG_0771.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 450
Back