Brakes Sturmey Archer Bicycle Dyno Drum Brake.

you will be surprised by the difference :D
amazing brakes and a generator ?...how can ya go wrong :D

just saw the ad, the lever is a bonus...
but I use a dual lever for mine with a v-brake on rear
(just so you know, it isn't a special handle or anything:))

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys..when my 4-stroke builds complete i'll show pics.
Now comes the hard part in waiting for it. :(

Drum brakes are great, and so are dynohubs. Sturmey Archer stuff is indestructable. The designs have changed little over the last 50 years and they are still built using high quality metal. They were the staple of the english 3 speed utility bike.
Your gonna love it.

BSA

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received the one I ordered last week - Before I build the wheel, I'll be doing some experimentation with mine for a bit. (for the 6V dyno powered battery charger circuit project...)

It is a very nice looking hub, I have to say, and feels very solid.

fetor - I believe you'll also need to order a shimano type connector to plug into the generator. Mine did not come with one.

I just received the one I ordered last week - Before I build the wheel, I'll be doing some experimentation with mine for a bit. (for the 6V dyno powered battery charger circuit project...)

It is a very nice looking hub, I have to say, and feels very solid.

fetor - I believe you'll also need to order a shimano type connector to plug into the generator. Mine did not come with one.
Shimano type connector...well well this is news.It comes with accessories but they must be for the drum brake part ONLY,but i'll know more when i get it in about 3 weeks.
Thanks man for the heads-up. :)

According to a bike shop in Victoria, they stock very pricey dynamo light sets.
They said it's law, the dynamo has to be built in such a way, so the lights stay On without batteries when the wheels are not in motion on any bicycle.

There has to be a in-built capacitor in the dynamo, or words to that description to hold enough power to keep LED lights on for about 2 minutes.

I guess if you are going to have a battery anyway that is being constantly charged and you run your lights from the battery instead directly from the dynamo it should be ok.

Back