Stwlan Dam hill climb - United Kingdom MB Riders

FurryOnTheInside

In Memoriam
Local time
11:42 AM
Meet up and test your bike on this wonderful venue sometime in the summer maybe? I'll definitely be there sometime over the summer to test my bike. :)
It is a private road for access to the dam. Sort of place that it isn't permitted to ride with motorised bikes, but it shouldn't be any problem if we don't hang around. Flash mob tactics lol. ;)
647461517_9eaff8bfec_o.jpg

http://www.dangerousroads.org/europe/wales/954-llyn-stwlan-wales.html

Last edited:
this is a good idea I may try to get something like this going in Pennsylvania here in the U.S.

That road looks amazing, especially on the way down! Gorgeous view as well. There is a small private road in my town but on it there is a really steep dirt/gravel part and I love to fly up it, rear wheel spinning spewing gravel everywhere, pretending I'm some hill climber from the 30s... gotta let your imagination take over sometimes.

Meet up and test your bike on this wonderful venue sometime in the summer maybe? I'll definitely be there sometime over the summer to test my bike. :)
It is a private road for access to the dam. Sort of place that it isn't permitted to ride with motorised bikes, but it shouldn't be any problem if we don't hang around. Flash mob tactics lol. ;)
View attachment 82451

http://www.dangerousroads.org/europe/wales/954-llyn-stwlan-wales.html
Hi Matt, just found your post....did you find any other UK members?
I did that road a few years ago, when you could get the key from the cafe below.
At the top it says' no cars beyond this point' but it didn't apply to us as we were on bikes. The key is still available, but you have to ask the power station manager.
Dave.

Hi Matt, just found your post....did you find any other UK members?
I did that road a few years ago, when you could get the key from the cafe below.
At the top it says' no cars beyond this point' but it didn't apply to us as we were on bikes. The key is still available, but you have to ask the power station manager.
Dave.
I'm not Matt, btw, lol. There's several members in this group, but no one has been posting or mentioned they fancy a ride up there. I have had my flat (apartment) pretty much destroyed by agents of the landlord since August so I had to put my bike projects on hold and was unable to get away whenever I feel like it, so the hill climb is still untried. It is bit of a trek to get to it so I'll have to go camping somewhere near to it and then take an excursion early in the morning to ride it when there's no one to bother. It is easy to access by bicycle (I watched youtube videos) so it means I can pedal in and have a couple of climbs then get away. There's lots of lovely riding roads around the west Snowdonia area but obviously most of them are public roads and I do try to not run the engine where I could get in trouble for it.

Back