Subaru 35cc Testing Ride -- Sweet

You have the 35cc? I might like having more torque so I can keep the revs lower, but my bike isn't the best at very high speed. There's no suspension on the recumbent re-bike, but a nice flexible rail of a frame.

Just found this glowing review of the 25cc subaru:
http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/001377.php

One of the pics shows an engine turned 90 degrees, I thought you cannot do that with the 4-stroke?

LOL, I tried it and boy was that a mistake. Instant freeze after about 20 seconds. No damage was done, but the cylinder filled up with oil and froze the piston in place. After a few recommendations from some great members here, I just pulled the plug, dumped the oil, cranked it up and it ran. Killed every mosquito for miles till the oil all burned up though. Not a wise idea to run, the RS 35 anyways, at any position other then the straight up one.

LOL, I tried it and boy was that a mistake. Instant freeze after about 20 seconds...
Soo... you were running it tilted or upside down? From what I'm reading now... I'll be able to tilt it while it's off (which is all I really wanna do) and expect it to crank after it's been sitting upright for a minute or so. That sounds about right?

... Not a wise idea to run, the RS 35 anyways, at any position other then the straight up one.
Yes, running the RS even just tilted for too long sounds like a bad idea.

Soo... you were running it tilted or upside down? From what I'm reading now... I'll be able to tilt it while it's off (which is all I really wanna do) and expect it to crank after it's been sitting upright for a minute or so. That sounds about right?

Yes, running the RS even just tilted for too long sounds like a bad idea.

In order to mount mine it is a few degrees off 90 degrees tilting back wards. It seems ok so far.

I was calling you -- SWEET THING

What kind of drivetrain/kit are you using on that thing Mountainman?

hi TW

riding that Station friction THING with the Robin 33cc (1" roller) a very nice -- sturdy -- simple little riding THING

starting to get ready for MB #2
that EZ MotorBike that Quenton is coming out with sounds like a SWEET MOTOR BIKE THING (said out loud by Mountainman)

oh no my wife just heard me talking to myself again
hang on
yes dear I was calling you -- SWEET THING

never thought that a motor bike could get me into so much trouble
as I ride that THING

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found this glowing review of the 25cc subaru:
http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/001377.php
FYI - Phoenix & most of the surrounding 'burbs' are very flat.
One of the pics shows an engine turned 90 degrees, I thought you cannot do that with the 4-stroke?
Depends on the engine. The small Honda's are fine - they can be operated in any position. That being said, I would think that you would want to make sure that they don't rest in a position where oil could leak around the valve stem seals when they're not running.

Back