Substitute for 415 chain- #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, RK makes good chain, some of the kit supplied chains are very bad. When I first started building bike every kit came with standard 410 chain, the first thing to do was replace the chain.
All 415 chains are bad and the china kit chain is the standard... Is what I'm looking at from the posts... The thickness of the side plates and my sprockets are 3/16 so I would want the chain not to wander around the sprockets

The RK 415h is 3500 psi made better in every way and fits better

Take it from me, the bike will fly with the 410 chain until it breaks, that's how i inherited the silver crandbrook. The guy that had it broke the chain, locked up the rear wheel and flat spotted the tire doing about 25 when it broke, I think he lost his nerve after that. He left it at my place and never came back for it.

I'm not going to mention the 410 I love because it's selling out... Not a came with the bike from Walmart chain...
Take it from me, the bike will fly with the 410 chain until it breaks, that's how i inherited the silver crandbrook. The guy that had it broke the chain, locked up the rear wheel and flat spotted the tire doing about 25 when it broke, I think he lost his nerve after that. He left it at my place and never came back for it.

I was agreeing with you, not disputing the RK chain, I've run that brand on several motorcycles.

If you're breaking chains it's from a misaligned sprockets... Or cheap chain...

My point is the quality is in the manufacturer not the size... Run a 3/16 wide chain on a 3/16 wide sprocket

Running a big heavy #41 by the foot chain that's not as strong as a well made 410H or 415H robbing power for a few dollars cheaper doesn't make sense to me...

No, RK makes good chain, some of the kit supplied chains are very bad. When I first started building bike every kit came with standard 410 chain, the first thing to do was replace the chain.
Not all of them, but some are so bad that the chain will run fine on most of the sprocket, except for two or three links. That's when the chain will jam up where the clutch arm is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back