Substitute for stock 49cc Huasheng carburetor

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
This is a good carb and can be upgraded by itself. I cleaned the
hole, with a small .010 dia wire, reemed out the fuel jet to 0.026,
installed a high flow air filter, and drill holes in the air filter
cover. Works fine. Try that. See this:

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

I managed to revive all the plugs that I believed dead, I have a wirebrush somewhere, but I kinda fear to disappear inside the blackhole that I got downstairs, in the process of searching for it

I used a pumper carb that would fit on a GX35, used it on the 50cc GXH Honda. Needed an adapter plate to make it work. Gas tank needed modified for the fuel lines and it performed well. Good throttle response. Might have been a 142f HS motor, not sure now but same thing it worked great.

This is a good carb and can be upgraded by itself. I cleaned the
hole, with a small .010 dia wire, reemed out the fuel jet to 0.026,
installed a high flow air filter, and drill holes in the air filter
cover. Works fine. Try that. See this:
With some trial and error I figured out which somehow the stock air filter was restrictive, as soon as I took off the steel mesh, the engine resumed to sustain a more or less regular idle and became more responsive to the throttle.

I had the idea to cannibalize the foam filter that came with the engine, I cut a disk by using the steel mesh air cleaner as a template and I installed it in the place of the steel mesh, honestly the bike began to behave again, but she's still running way too rich.

I determined which my sweet spot is actually inbetween the 67 and 68 jet, as with the 68 the plug gets coated by a very dry sooth, and with the 67 the ground electrode edges became white.

As I can't find sub-millimetric drill bits, I'll have to try with tapping a needle inside the 67 jet and hopefully stretch it a little bit wider.

I can't wait to get her running, I'm trying to revive an old project already experimented by an user of this forum, a sort of charging system.

I used a pumper carb that would fit on a GX35, used it on the 50cc GXH Honda. Needed an adapter plate to make it work. Gas tank needed modified for the fuel lines and it performed well. Good throttle response.
Greetings Darwin!

Originally, before opting for a float type carburetor, I intended to get a membrane carb; but I couldn't find one, so in the end I went for either the popular NT carburetor, or the SHA.

Overall, aside the tiny hassles that I'm experiencing, I'm quite impressed by this tiny carburetor; since I got it on, the throttle response became smoother and more responsive than the stock one.

I got hired in a new company and some issues in family are keeping me away from the garage, but I'll eventually keep this thread updated as my experience with the 15.15 will improve.

I got another update:

I tried to stretch the 67 jet, the bike simply has no power, she revs nicely but she struggles to take off with a load; with the 68 jet she bogs a little, but she can get me started from a standstill.

I returned to the 68 jet; she turns on without issues, but somehow, she still has no power!!

She cranks on like no problem, but she has no power (I remember the first times when I tried out the carburetor, she took off perfectly)
and if left to idle, she still dies out after a little while, and I have absolutely no clue why it's doing this.

Today I suspected which the clutch bell bushing might have been slowing the engine down because of friction, after greasing it both externally and internally, the engine began to hold an idle; but it's still very unstable, it keeps fluctuating:

The fuel line is brand new and unkinked, the gas is prefiltered, fuel is free flowing, the OG air filter got swapped with a sponge and the muffler isn't carbon clogged.

At this point the only thing I haven't checked are the valve clearances.

Over time the engine began almost too easy to start, it requires about just a bit more effort to start a GX-35. I fear that it has lost compression due to bad rings.

Or perhaps, this carburetor might be too large, and I should downsize to a 14.12 or a stock sized 12.12, or my sparkplug might be too cold.

Back