Substitute for stock 49cc Huasheng carburetor

Otto Neumann

Local time
4:58 PM
My stock huasheng carburetor is a complete piece of junk and today it walked the plank; I've been desiring for a quality swap.
I browsed the website for a good while and I simply couldn't find any particular thread that would make my mind on a specific carburetor.

NT, "Speed" carburetor, Dell'Orto SHA 15/15...PHBG 15 AS? Any suggestions?

Dell'Orto SHAs are a high quality equivalent of the NT and Speed carbs, perhaps they cannot be thoroughly tuned through the entire power band as a PHBG, but I somewhat believe that one of those would be an overkill for such a little engine that I rarely, if not never run at all past 3/4°Th of throttle.

I bought a JRL BoFeng carby after reading the thread below and couldn't be happier with it.

Don't let the price fool you, it's a really good no fuss carby.

Ps...Sorry, didn't notice we are talking four stroke here and I do not know if this carby even works on four stroke, perhaps someone else will know.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
My stock huasheng carburetor is a complete piece of junk and today it walked the plank; I've been desiring for a quality swap.
I browsed the website for a good while and I simply couldn't find any particular thread that would make my mind on a specific carburetor.

Dell'Orto SHAs are a high quality equivalent of the NT and Speed carbs, perhaps they cannot be thoroughly tuned through the entire power band as a PHBG, but I somewhat believe that one of those would be an overkill for such a little engine that I rarely, if not never run at all past 3/4°Th of throttle.
I run a dellorto sha 15:15 on my hausheng with a 75 main jet. Runs good with it. You will have to fabricate a intake manifold thou. Or buy 1. Dont buy the bikeberry one it dont fit & is a POS.

If you want stock replacement carb, buy a true honda gxh50 carburetor. I think they cost around $48-$56 I believe & will be a direct bolt up.

I bought a JRL BoFeng carby after reading the thread below and couldn't be happier with it.

Don't let the price fool you, it's a really good no fuss carby.

Ps...Sorry, didn't notice we are talking four stroke here and I do not know if this carby even works on four stroke, perhaps someone else will know.
Those kind of carbs has been around since forever I have no doubt they are great lil carbs; are the jets the regular 6mm size?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I run a dellorto sha 15:15 on my hausheng with a 75 main jet. Runs good with it. You will have to fabricate a intake manifold thou. Or buy 1. Dont buy the bikeberry one it dont fit & is a POS.
The manifold won't be a problem; oh I already checked, the SHA 15/15 has a bigger collector side, all a plus for improving airflow; with the SHA I fear the risk of not finding a sweet spot on the needle

If you want stock replacement carb, buy a true honda gxh50 carburetor. I think they cost around $48-$56 I believe & will be a direct bolt up.
Getting the original carburetor from the GXh-50 has been my first thought, perhaps those carburetors does not have a wire linkage because they are operated by a level, and has an extra butterfly valve for the governor. The newest Gxh-50s seems to have moved from an electronic governor to a mechanical one, I find it kinda odd they just added mechanical complexity to their product. Bah. Oh lol, an SHA is gonna cost me $30 xD

The manifold won't be a problem; oh I already checked, the SHA 15/15 has a bigger collector side, all a plus for improving airflow; with the SHA I fear the risk of not finding a sweet spot on the needle
Sha 15:15 is a flat side carb. It has no needle to adjust. It works great on the hausheng. Granted it's not a stock replacement, but believe it's a decent carb conversion.

Those kind of carbs has been around since forever I have no doubt they are great lil carbs; are the jets the regular 6mm size?
These are the jets that fit the JRL BoFeng...The NT carb jets are not interchangable to the JRL carby...The JRL comes with the standard #70 size jet though.

all a plus for improving airflow
This is the air filter I use in place of the stock air filter that comes with JRL BoFeng...Much improved air flow and its a direct fit with no futzing around...lol.

Sha 15:15 is a flat side carb. It has no needle to adjust. It works great on the hausheng. Granted it's not a stock replacement, but believe it's a decent carb conversion.
That's sooo odd! Oh well, no needle means a less of a problem while tuning it.

Considering that with the Dell'Orto I can get spare parts rather quickly, I think that I'll stick with the SHA!

Back